EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Feb 2020, 08:37 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Forwarding

How do i set up my email to forward all incoming mail to another email address that i have
I once knew but have forgotten how.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Feb 2020, 10:40 AM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Set up a Rule and select the "Send a copy" and "to" for the rule's Action. This will create a redirect :copy command in the Sieve script (section 4: Sieve generated for forwarding rules). A copy of the message will be sent to the specified email address.

If you want to forward to some email address and you don't want a copy saved in one of the incoming email's mailboxes (e.g., INBOX) then you would need to create a redirect command without the :copy option explicitly in the Sieve script (e.g., in the edit box before section 4).

Last edited by xyzzy : 23 Feb 2020 at 10:59 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2020, 11:57 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

If you want to forward all email sent to a specific Fastmail alias (rather than your login address) to another email service (or services), you can do this by adding the address(es) in the Deliver to area of the Settings>Users&Aliases page. When delivering using alias redirection, messages redirected to external addresses will bypass the rules (and spam protection rules). Messages from insecure senders will be blocked, but the normal spam rules will not be processed.

If you wanted to deliver messages sent to a particular alias to both your Fastmail account and an external address, you would use two deliver to addresses (one your main account address and the other the external address).

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2020, 10:42 AM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Bill and ndbb and xyzzy for your info For some reason i was not alerted that i had received replys to my posting. Never happened before. I kept trying and hit on correct set up and now it works great. Thanks again to all t i
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote