EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:34 AM   #1
homeless

I need an e mail host to replace Zoho

I have some specific needs for my e mail hosting.

1) I have 4 domains and each has a single e mail account. I need all 4 of these to arrive at a single inbox no matter which address / domain it was sent to.

2) I also need to be able to send an e mail ....or reply to an e mail with any of the 4 addresses on my account.

Zoho is what I am using but has more incoming spam than I can stand and now I am getting delays sending to known good e mail addresses.

I am a paying customer so not looking for a freebie but I would rather it be web based so I can check it from any PC and be logged in form two locations at the same time.

Zoho allows all of this mentioned above but I can no longer put up with them. I hope they are not the only ones.

Lastly, I do not like Microsoft, Gmail Yahoo Etc, would like more privacy than they offer

Thanks
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:35 AM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
I have been using both Fastmail and runbox, they all work great to match your requirement.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:37 AM   #3
homeless

Thanks, I will take a look at both
Old 6 Apr 2016, 12:26 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post

1) I have 4 domains and each has a single e mail account. I need all 4 of these to arrive at a single inbox no matter which address / domain it was sent to.

2) I also need to be able to send an e mail ....or reply to an e mail with any of the 4 addresses on my account.

Zoho is what I am using but has more incoming spam than I can stand and now I am getting delays sending to known good e mail addresses.

I am a paying customer so not looking for a freebie but I would rather it be web based so I can check it from any PC and be logged in form two locations at the same time.

Zoho allows all of this mentioned above but I can no longer put up with them. I hope they are not the only ones.

Lastly, I do not like Microsoft, Gmail Yahoo Etc, would like more privacy than they offer

Thanks
It looks like (to me) that you are sending out a lot of spam, to very many people.

So, if that is the case (and I may be wrong) why would you want to complain, about the amount of spam you are receiving....
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2016, 05:29 PM   #5
homeless

I am a business and do not send out spam. Where did you get that idea?
I have been a customer for 3 years and I am not the only person that is experiencing this
Old 6 Apr 2016, 08:09 PM   #6
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It looks like (to me) that you are sending out a lot of spam, to very many people.

So, if that is the case (and I may be wrong) why would you want to complain, about the amount of spam you are receiving....
David, zoho sucks for sending reliability AFAIK.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2016, 11:20 PM   #7
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
David, zoho sucks for sending reliability AFAIK.
Thank you jeffpan, I have never used zoho so was not aware of that.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2016, 08:17 PM   #8
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:

. . .

Hello, homeless.

When using a shared host for sending mail, you are going to have problems every now and then when the host's IP address(es) get listed on the many Spam databases in existence.

Some time ago, I solved your problem by splitting hosts for incoming and outgoing mail.

Fastmail does a bang-up job for incoming mail and has an idiosyncratic, but usable web mail offering. It also has a "trainable" Spam filter that works adequately (although some Spam does get through occasionally).

A couple of years ago I moved incoming mail for two domains from Fastmail to ZoHo because, at the time, I thought ZoHo did a better job fighting Spam than Fastmail. As a result of the increase in Spam you mentioned (some of it identifiable just by reading the subject), I will bring back the domains to Fastmail.

Runbox does a good job as well, but its web mail is rudimentary. Also, if you are in the U.S., there will always be latency.

For outgoing mail, I set up my own server on a RootBSD Linux micro instance. It does require some knowledge, but it's not brain surgery.

I have published forward and return as well as SPF DNS records for the IP addresses assigned to my account.

Because of that and the fact that RootBSD caters to commerce rather than consumers and polices users aggressively, I have never had an outgoing mail refused as Spam.

YMMV

Good luck.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2016, 10:58 PM   #9
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I'd also consider Rollernet, which supports everything you're looking for.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2016, 12:02 PM   #10
Cory
Essential Contributor

MXRoute, POBox, Fastmail, Polarismail, Luxsci, and more! Lots of great options to look into on this forum . The ones I listed here are the ones that I have found to be good in testing or/and reading over the years.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2016, 06:54 PM   #11
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi,

If it's a spam problem Zoho has customisable spam filter settings in the interface a little hard to find.

The other option and it's free set up an account on www.mxguarddog.com and send the emails through the external spam filter before they get passed to Zoho, it's quite easy to do just changing the MX Record.

I've done that with my domain which has a constant stream of spam, and after a little bit of customising the options, I get no spam in my email account as it's filtered out by the spam filter before it even reaches my email host.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2016, 10:10 AM   #12
Zach

Quote:

Autistici/Inventati, Lumail, Posteo, Protonmail, Scryptmail and Tutanota are all privacy-orientated servers. AIUI, they all have paid options and are all web-based.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2016, 09:20 PM   #13
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Autistici/Inventati, Lumail, Posteo, Protonmail, Scryptmail and Tutanota are all privacy-orientated servers. AIUI, they all have paid options and are all web-based.
I have an organization I've had to help run and fund for the last 15 years. Fastmail has been with me for the last 12 years of that, and it's been amazing. I can keep in touch with key contacts, and really manage the organization well. I have a key group of 500 people with whom I need to regularly communicate - sending project updates, etc. Fastmail easily allows me to manage these. I cannot recommend Fastmail highly enough.

/cl
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote