EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Mar 2016, 08:21 AM   #16
dsemf

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
On a larger scale: Windows 2000 ended its lifecycle in 2010 (after 10 years), but Microsoft did not remove any features from existing copies, simply stopped adding new ones.
There is a small problem with this analogy: Win2K has no backend dependencies at Microsoft while a web based email client is absolutely dependent on the backend mail architecture.

The challenge for Fastmail is how many resources need to be committed to the Classic interface in order for it to continue working with the backend changes necessary for new functionality. From a business perspective it depends on the ratio of classic vs. new interface users.

DS
dsemf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2016, 07:49 PM   #17
g4mby

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
May be there are no plans to totally remove classic, but steps are being taken towards dismantling it by gradually removing functionality.
But they must ensure that all functionality is present in the new or current interface. I still have to revert to "classic" to forward multiple mails as attachments.
g4mby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Mar 2016, 05:39 AM   #18
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4mby View Post
... I still have to revert to "classic" to forward multiple mails as attachments.
Yes, this is a feature I miss from Classic.
There are workarounds, but they are clumsy.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote