EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 13 Nov 2018, 02:51 AM   #1
jclarkw2

Runbox 6 vs. Runbox 7 -- Status?

This forum appears to be specifically about Runbox Mail Manager 6, which I still appear to be running, as opposed to the new Runbox7. Correct?

I see there's another forum (same username and password!) at https://community.runbox.com/ that appears to be specifically about Runbox7. I have no idea whether that's still in Beta or is now released. If released, how do I upgrade to it? If still in Beta, is there any forecast when it will be released?

Any information these separate (?) issues would be greatly appreciated. -- jclarkw2

Last edited by jclarkw2 : 13 Nov 2018 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Incorrect Information
jclarkw2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Nov 2018, 04:32 AM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

This same question was posted over on the Runbox Community Forum, and answered there by our own resident Runbox forum member dbowdley:

The only reason you are not seeing much discussion about Runbox 7 at emaildiscussions.com is because we asked people to discuss it here as it isn’t launched yet. I am sure there will be discussion of Runbox 7 there soon.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 07:58 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi,

We decided to give our customers a more modern forum experience to go with the next-generation Runbox 7 Webmail, which is now in open beta:

https://blog.runbox.com/2018/11/runb...en-beta-phase/

This doesn't mean we'll stop supporting this forum, but we're in the process of building a strong community around Runbox 7 and we are very excited about the future on behalf of all our users -- wherever they may roam.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 10:04 AM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

My two cents worth Hope RB will leave this Forum as it has been. Another hope that we can have choice of using RB6 or RB7 I been using RB6 for some fifteen years and is hard to part with it.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2018, 04:10 PM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi sheprd,

We have no control over this forum; we are just guests like everyone else who is not a moderator or administrator here. We've always enjoyed the open and free discussions here, and will continue to do so.

We think there's plenty of room for our own Runbox (7) forum alongside EmailDiscussions (especially if it's upgraded and secured), and we applaud any and all efforts to support discussions about the status and future of email as a service.

Runbox 6 will most likely continue to exist for a long time, but our development efforts will naturally center on Runbox 7. We encourage you to take part in the conversation about the Runbox 7 Webmail, as we have a very active development team and we're attentive to the wishes of our beta tester community.

Hope to see you in both forums going forward!

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote