EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Oct 2016, 03:36 PM   #16
radtux

Smile

Please see another threat created here:

http://emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72243

BlackBerry Hub plus is a complete solution in itself.
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2016, 06:59 AM   #17
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I've used to use K9, but I've moved onto BlueMail. I prefer having the action buttons (reply, delete, etc.) at the bottom of the mail list because my phone is pretty large. BlueMail is worth considering.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2016, 07:20 AM   #18
billwilson

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I think I'll try BlueMail and see if I like it better.

Bill
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2016, 09:49 PM   #19
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson View Post
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I think I'll try BlueMail and see if I like it better.

Bill
i have both fastmail's email app (my preferred app) but it doesnt work well offline (did they fix that??). For those times I am offline (airplanes, etc) I use K9 mail. I like the customization available in K9 and the ability to set different types of notifications per folders as I have different types and personalities for emails sent to different folders. Not sure if BlueMail is as robust?

Only complaint is that despite the robustness, K9 is clunky. It looks and feels like software from 10 or more years ago.

/cl
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 12:21 AM   #20
groanerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
K9 works very well, I use it daily and very fast, but don't forget to create first a new fastmail password for using the app.
Wait, I need to create a new FM password for k-9, as opposed to the password i use for the web interface? I'm confused..
groanerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 02:51 AM   #21
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by groanerton View Post
Wait, I need to create a new FM password for k-9, as opposed to the password i use for the web interface? I'm confused..
Yes. Fastmail changed the security settings, and if you don't use the FM app then you need to create a new password only for using alternative logins. This way, if something happens you could delete that password from this app and create another one, and this is only possible with your master password and 2FA if you enabled it.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 09:24 AM   #22
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by groanerton View Post
Actually, right now, you can still use the master password with the old server (mail.messagingengine.com). However, this is going to stop working at some point, and the device/app passwords are better from a security standpoint anyway.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote