EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:39 PM   #1
claven

Zipping File Storage Downloads

I had a question about file storage download functionality.

If I click on the box next to current folder X, select Download Zip from the action drop-down, and click Do, the system bundles up all 10 files in folder X and delivers a zip file to the directory I specify. Perfect.

However, if I select 2 files in folder X and try to download them, I get odd results. Earlier today I got one of the files inside the zip, now tonight I'm getting an empty zip file. I'd hope to get a zip file with the two files I marked inside, but it's not working that way.

Just tried the same thing with one file from folder X with the same empty zip file result.

Did I miss something in the mega-thread about file storage functionality? Not a big deal during beta while bandwidth isn't being counted, but I'd sure like to be able to load a subset of a folder once it counts against bandwidth.
claven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:29 PM   #2
fredekr

Can't download files, zip or no

I can't download files at all from the file storage. I had success with one file (the first one I tried), but the second two download as empty (0 byte) files, whether I do a zip or not. I actually lost some work because of this... I guess I shouldn't have relyed on such a new feature, boo hoo

It is possible that the upload failed in some way, but the interface reports that the files are >0 bytes, and I got no errors during the upload. I uploaded with IE and tried to download with IE and Mozilla.

Cheers,
Kevin
fredekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:33 PM   #3
fredekr

Re: Can't download files, zip or no

Quote:
Originally posted by fredekr
I can't download files at all from the file storage
Ah ha, I renamed them without spaces and that "fixed" it. So at least there's a workaround.

cheers,
Kevin
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Daniel S

Re: Re: Can't download files, zip or no

Quote:
Ah ha, I renamed them without spaces and that "fixed" it. So at least there's a workaround.

cheers,
Kevin
Another workaround from this this thread, is to access File Storage from the beta server (assuming you aren't doing this already)
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:43 PM   #5
fredekr

Re: Re: Re: Can't download files, zip or no

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel S
(assuming you aren't doing this already)
Ah, thanks, I'm not using the beta server. It looks like hyphens ("-") don't work either on production? Whoops...

cheers,
Kevin
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:47 PM   #6
Daniel S

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't download files, zip or no

Quote:
Ah, thanks, I'm not using the beta server. It looks like hyphens ("-") don't work either on production? Whoops...

cheers,
Kevin
This was fixed already
Old 23 Mar 2004, 01:07 PM   #7
claven

Ah. That's it. Once I removed the spaces in the filenames I was able to download the zip with multiple files.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 03:43 PM   #8
rakhesh
Cornerstone of the Community

The downloading should work with spaces too now ... I had the same problem, so I asked Richard, and he responded just now that it has been fixed ... and indeed, it does work for me! How about you?

Rakhesh
rakhesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2004, 11:53 AM   #9
claven

Yep - I can now use the zip feature to download multiple files in a folder that have spaces in their names!