EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:34 PM   #1
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Brief outage

We have to extend our database file size. This will take around 5 minutes. Sorry about this outage - we will add to our monitoring systems something to track this in the future, so no more outages of this kind will be required.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:36 PM   #2
memac

Wow, you're fast!

Even after all these months of top-notch support, I still can't believe how good it is.

No, not good. Great.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
memac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:37 PM   #3
shenton
Essential Contributor

Thanks, Jeremy, please ignore my post re IMAP going off, elsewhere!
shenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:41 PM   #4

Thanks for the update.

Up for me now.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:42 PM   #5
alka
Essential Contributor

Amazing...
Dispite how annoying outages are, even brief ones, i will NEVER get over the good feeling of having a FOUNDER and OWNER of the company keeping me informed on a minute to minute basis. Its just a great feeling!

Not only that, but if i make a suggestion, or ask an importaint question, the MAN HIMSELF actualy answers it!

Amazing, truely amazing!

I'd follow Jeremy through hell and back... just to have him tell me things will be better soon.
alka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:43 PM   #6
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Yes all done now. So sorry about that. We've been running for 3 years with the same DB tablespaces, and kinda forgot about them. They finally filled up! We're now adding monitoring so that we get warned well ahead of time, so this won't happen again.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 12:57 AM   #7
rakhesh
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by alka
Amazing...
Dispite how annoying outages are, even brief ones, i will NEVER get over the good feeling of having a FOUNDER and OWNER of the company keeping me informed on a minute to minute basis. Its just a great feeling!

Not only that, but if i make a suggestion, or ask an importaint question, the MAN HIMSELF actualy answers it!

Amazing, truely amazing!

I'd follow Jeremy through hell and back... just to have him tell me things will be better soon.
I'd second that. That's my BIGGEST reason for sticking on with Fastmail. The feeling that the developers (and owners etc) are actually on the forums, listening to you, taking your requests into consideration, asking your opinions ... nothing beats that! Even though I was unable to access email the whole of today morning (due to the outage), I still didn't mind it thaaaaat much coz of this. Great work J & R! Truly!
rakhesh is offline   Reply With Quote