EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 4 Jan 2017, 01:49 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Picture Problem

When I receive a picture by email, how do I move it to my picture folder? I had no probs with my windows 10 but with my windows 7 I can't move to picture folder. If posted on wrong forum please move to proper one Thanks
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Jan 2017, 02:36 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Download it (it goes to "downloads" folder unless you set things up differently) and then move it to the desired destination.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2017, 02:59 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you janusz for your prompt reply. With OS10 I would right click image and select "save link As" and picture would be saved in downloads
when I do this with OS7 picture goes away but cannot be found anywhere. I don't know anything else to do
Old 4 Jan 2017, 03:07 AM   #4
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

When I right-click the picture in Win7 I get the usual right-click menu including "Save image as...".
I'm talking about the web email interface, not email client (which I don't use with Win7).

And the picture is an attachment, not a link.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2017, 03:24 AM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Is there a way to get this link into my picture folder
Old 4 Jan 2017, 06:44 AM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

If you just download the picture (with any web browser) and do not set a specific destination, it will be directed to your 'downloads' folder (unless you have changed the default setting for this)

Then you simply need to go to 'files' and access your downloads folder, And then 'right click' the attachement (and then select 'copy' And then move to your pictures folder, And then another right click, in order to paste it in.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2017, 07:54 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you David for your response. I go to downloads but image is not there. Don't know where it goes. I don't know if someone has altered files etc. It is above my pay grade.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 12:16 PM   #8
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Thank you David for your response. I go to downloads but image is not there. Don't know where it goes. I don't know if someone has altered files etc. It is above my pay grade.
If you go to 'advanced settings' (in your web browser) you should be able to set what folder to use, for your downloads. Usually this is set (by default) to 'downloads' - but you should be able to set it to anything you want.

This link may possibly help. But if it does not, search for the link, for whatever version of web browser you are using.

ps: this link may be more useful
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2017, 01:30 AM   #9
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Many thanks to all you wonderful responders. I finally succeeded. Sent images to Picture Folder Could not send to Downloads but pictures is where I wanted them anyway