EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Jan 2017, 06:08 PM   #1
michaelab

"Blocked Plugin" when viewing PDFs in Safari Technology Preview

I'm using Safari Technology Preview (version 22) as my main browser. When I view a message with a PDF attached and click on "View" a new tab is opened and all I get is a dark grey window with the message "Blocked Plugin".

This works totally fine on the regular shipping version of Safari. I've tried disabling all extensions and Safari content blockers but that makes no difference.

The only way I can view the PDF in Safari Tech Preview is to copy the URL of the "view pdf" link, manually open a new tab, and then paste in the URL to the address bar. Then it loads just fine.

I'm going to be opening a bug at bugs.webkit.org but just wondered if anyone on the FM team might be able to shed more light on the issue.
michaelab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jan 2017, 07:20 PM   #2
pjroutledge

Nearly all links

I'm finding that nearly all links in emails, when clicked and when using the FastMail web interface on the desktop, open a new blank tab and the content or link is not displayed.

I'm using Edge on Windows 10.

Right-click on the link, select 'Open in new tab' works though.

Nobody else has mentioned it though, so I've been wondering whether it was a browser setting (that I couldn't find).

Peter
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2017, 07:45 PM   #3
michaelab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroutledge View Post
I'm using Edge on Windows 10
So it looks like the problem is not limited to a single browser.

Quote:
Right-click on the link, select 'Open in new tab' works though.
That also works for me in Safari Technology Preview. What the hell is the difference between directly clicking on a link (which opens in a new tab anyway) and right clicking to "Open in a new tab"??

My wild guess is that it is some kind of Cross Origin security issue, since the PDFs open in a different domain (fastmailusercontent.com) to the webmail interface.
michaelab is offline   Reply With Quote