EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 23 Jun 2017, 04:07 AM   #16
Mike Blake

Gmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
I believe gmx is now owned by the same people as mail.com
Yes, 1&1, also from Germany. But they have servers in Pennsylvania and Kansas.

They may change the service I suspect, and wouldn't recommend getting
too deeply involved with GMX until we know more.
Mike Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2017, 07:00 PM   #17
AnyBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
As of late I also more and more start to like QQ mail in China.
I am marginally wary of Chinese providers. I suppose it should be useful if you don't talk about China with these emails?
AnyBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2017, 02:51 AM   #18
Zach

Gmail.com is the best service and long term mail. If you don't have one create a gmail account from gmail
Your first post - welcome to the forum! How long have you been working for Google?

Last edited by ReuvenNY : 28 Jul 2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Phony links removed
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2017, 03:23 AM   #19
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
How long have you been working for Google?
I seriously doubt that the #18 poster works for Google, more likely trying to advertise his website.

I reported this to the Mods earlier in the day, for them to have a look at for themselves.

Last edited by FredOnline : 12 Jul 2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Clarification
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2017, 06:24 AM   #20
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I seriously doubt that the #18 poster works for Google, more likely trying to advertise his website.

I reported this to the Mods earlier in the day, for them to have a look at for themselves.
Me too. Rule C!
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2017, 03:17 PM   #21
rmannam

I am using Hotmail since 1997 and fully satisfied with it.
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2017, 10:21 AM   #22
Mike Blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
I am using Hotmail since 1997
and fully satisfied with it.
[Old Fart]

I liked Hotmail before Microsoft bought it.

[/Old Fart]
Mike Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2017, 08:28 AM   #23
TenFour
Master of the @

Hotmail always sounds a bit non-serious to me, and has subsequently been replaced by outlook.com.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:38 AM   #24
Zach

I have a Hotmail/Outlook account and it is a good service. One of the addresses is @hotmail and an alias is @outlook. Excellent interface, spam filter and overall service. Would definitely recommend.

I agree with TenFour though that Hotmail sounds a bit non-serious. Would only use the Outlook email address for important stuff.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 11:38 PM   #25
Zach

[quote=aswinireddy;603245] since google was introduced gmail the mail service has become the vast changes
in the communication industry with in seconds we can transfer the information
all over the world by keeping in mind we are introducing the gmail help and
tricks that are used to improvising the mail services in gmail
/quote]

Welcome, newbie! I always like to welcome bots...oh sorry, I mean, err...people on their first post Fascinating that we have so many loyal, committed Google fans on here!

Last edited by ReuvenNY : 23 Jul 2017 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Spam links from a banned member removed
Old 22 Jul 2017, 05:55 AM   #26
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Welcome, newbie! I always like to welcome bots...oh sorry, I mean, err...people on their first post Fascinating that we have so many loyal, committed Google fans on here!
Reported it.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2017, 02:14 AM   #27
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyBella View Post
I am marginally wary of Chinese providers. I suppose it should be useful if you don't talk about China with these emails?
Probably it isn't wise to use a Chinese provider if your aim is to use it for political activities that oppose the local regime. If you however only wish to use it for everyday non-political email conversations, I don't see the problem. If your email correspondence is of non-political nature, a Chinese provider should be just as good as any other.

By the way, a Russian provider is probably also not the best option if you insist on negative comments about the Russian government. And an American email provider is probably not the best idea if you are insisting on venting anti-American sentiments.

However, if your emails are of non-political nature, then mainly the quality of the service matters, whereas its location becomes largely irrelevant.
Hence: whether you use a Chinese, Russian, American, EU based, Indian, Latin American, Canadian, ... email provider doesn't matter that much if you use it for discussing non-political issues. Look at the quality of the service rather than its location.
And when it comes to quality, I cannot comment on Chinese providers from personal experience, but fact is some email providers in China have been around for many years and proven to be solid.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2017, 07:19 AM   #28
TenFour
Master of the @

I wouldn't worry about expressing political views in emails in any Western country. For most of us the far bigger and far more realistic worry is being hacked, phished, etc.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 05:31 AM   #29
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I wouldn't worry about expressing political views in emails in any Western country. For most of us the far bigger and far more realistic worry is being hacked, phished, etc.
People post political views in emails? That's news to me! I thought email was being used less and less for friendly conversation, with Facebook & WhatsApp taking over. I prefer emails over any other method of communication (I like snail mail too) but pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm strange for not having moved onto more modern social media platforms.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 06:47 AM   #30
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
People post political views in emails? That's news to me!
Apparently, some are afraid that if they note in an email quite accurately that their "Dear Leader" is an absolute moron black hooded thugs will drag them off in the middle of the night for "re-education." I have no fears of that happening in any Western country, nor in most of the world. Many times I have been to local government meetings where people stood up and openly spouted complete lies and accused officials of all sorts of false things, and nothing ever happens to them. I doubt anyone cares in the least what I am writing in emails. Even repressive governments tend to have bigger problems to deal with. We (all of us) always tend to fear the wrong things, while it is the ordinary phishing attempt or email malware that we should be really concerned about. Choose your email service on reliability, security, features, and cost, but not because you've lost your tinfoil hat!