EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 9 Nov 2006, 09:01 AM   #1
fidebeque

Your opinion...

Hello there!
Is it my connection ( in Portugal ) or Runbox is quite slow with many "hickups" ? Sometimes i wait a long time for refreshing folders and/or reading messages ( and i mean a lot )...and sometimes is blazing fast! And it doesen't depends on time of day...i already had those two situations at all hours of the day! Can't understand this...
Regards!
fidebeque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Nov 2006, 11:43 AM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
It's really hard to say sometimes. But, in general, if you see others posting here about Runbox being slow it's probably a Runbox problem. If you don't, it's probably your connection.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2006, 03:31 PM   #3
marc_otten
Master of the @

Re: Your opinion...

Quote:
Originally posted by fidebeque
Hello there!
Is it my connection ( in Portugal ) or Runbox is quite slow with many "hickups" ? Sometimes i wait a long time for refreshing folders and/or reading messages ( and i mean a lot )...and sometimes is blazing fast! And it doesen't depends on time of day...i already had those two situations at all hours of the day! Can't understand this...
Regards!
Something you might do to find out whether it's Runbox or not is see if other pages (like EMD) are also slow in loading.

For me, Runbox is as fast as ever.

Regards,
--Marc
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2006, 06:42 PM   #4
CFortuna

Re: Your opinion...

No it is not the connection from Portugal... Sometimes RB is slow, heavy on the servers with DSPAM, etc.
When this occures, if you try other sites in Europe or worldwide you''ll see that it is going normal.
I use it from Portugal also, via IMAP, but have to go a lot to webmail just to report spam and it takes ages....

Rgds
C. Fortuna
CFortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2006, 07:06 PM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Internet connections can be slowed down anywhere along the path from the source to the destination.

Checking other sites isn't always reliable because the only servers that may be in common are ones local to you (e.g. your ISP).

If you want to test other servers to see if its Runbox or not then you need to check other sites at Runbox's end of the internet. That way you'd be getting a connection that's more of a representation of your connection to Runbox.

I know these sites are hosted on servers in Norway:

http://Linpro.com
http://Opera.com

Other than that, as I said before, if Runbox is being extremely slow for everyone then I pretty much guarantee people will be posting about it here.

If you can test through a proxy server at a different location that can also be helpful. Some times might seem slow to Runbox but not to sites like Yahoo. But if I log into a proxy server I subscribe too the connection seem just fine which means it's not Runbox and not my ISP but somewhere inbetween.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2006, 07:23 PM   #6
fidebeque

ok,thanks for your replies!
Best Regards!

Antonio
fidebeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2006, 05:40 AM   #7
nomad
Essential Contributor

slowness

For me it has been quite slow recently after four o'clock in the afternooon here in Oslo, Norway . May take 5-10 seconds to open a message.
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote