EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Mar 2017, 06:00 AM   #331
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post

If they decided $50 a month for the interface that would be excellent!
I dont understand your comment $50 a month for what ? that's $600 a year.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2017, 06:27 AM   #332
joe_devore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I don't understand your comment $50 a month for what ? that's $600 a year.
yeah I know, $50 a month is a little ridiculous... $50/year that's ok..
Prices have to be reasonable, otherwise they risk losing customers...

The current rates are of course as follows..
$30/year Basic
$50/year Standard
$90/year Professional

I am still using one of the old plans, Lite for $10/year which is good enough for me for now, so I'm payed up for the next 5 years at a time.. maybe I will upgrade after that...
joe_devore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2017, 12:29 AM   #333
TenFour

This endless discussion intrigued me. I was a FM customer more than a decade ago, and one of the reasons I eventually left was the clunky interface and also the cost, with free Gmail being a big draw. So, my domain email provider recently pooped out on me so I thought why not give POBox a try? I know they are not exactly the same as FM, but I imagine most things are the same. I can only say that so far, only a day in, POB is one of the best email providers I have dealt with. The entire onboarding process has been a breeze and the Help documents are actually helpful--rather unusual with even very large vendors. The help articles are not only useful, but clearly written too. I find the Webmail interface very good so far--far, far better than the standard Cpanel ones available from many providers. So far the email app seems quite good too. Importing emails, contacts, and calendars went very smoothly and fast. Frankly, the old interface may have been the bees knees, but the new one seems much better than many out there. Looking forward to giving this service more of a spin.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2017, 03:14 AM   #334
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
This endless discussion intrigued me. I was a FM customer more than a decade ago, and one of the reasons I eventually left was the clunky interface and also the cost, with free Gmail being a big draw.

Looking forward to giving this service more of a spin.
PoBox uses fastmail's new interface.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2017, 07:09 AM   #335
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Just to be clear from those who haven't been using Fastmail continuously: The interface currently used by Pobox was introduced by Fastmail in 2012. It has been the standard Fastmail web PC interface for five years, so it's not a new interface. Here is the history over the past 16 years:Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote