EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Mar 2014, 03:20 AM   #1
kwiniec

can no longer reply/forward HTML message in HTML on Classic

Some time between February 13 and February 25, in the Classic interface, on a received message with both a plaintext part and an HTML part, the operations "View as HTML" > "Reply"/"Forward and "Included as inline HTML" all began supplying only the same plaintext version as "Included as text". Before that, they had all yielded the expected HTML version. Help, please?
kwiniec is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Mar 2014, 03:54 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiniec View Post
Some time between February 13 and February 25, in the Classic interface, on a received message with both a plaintext part and an HTML part, the operations "View as HTML" > "Reply"/"Forward and "Included as inline HTML" all began supplying only the same plaintext version as "Included as text". Before that, they had all yielded the expected HTML version. Help, please?
Using Google Chrome 33.0 under Windows I do not experience the issues you describe. The switching between HTML and text versions seems to work as before when only viewing messages.

When editing a reply, there are some changes as a result of a recent upgrade to CKEditor. If you want to see the the raw HTML, click on "Source".
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2014, 04:12 AM   #3
kwiniec

Uh-oh...I just checked an older Firefox, and HTML messages worked fine. So I guess it's a problem with the current Firefox ESR 24.0.3. Or with the current NoScript 2.6.8.16, even though I allow scripts for Fastmail. Looks like I have more experiments to do. Thanks for the report, I wouldn't have thought the browser capable of causing this kind of problem.

Oh, and there is no HTML to click "Source" on -- since it always shows only the plaintext version, "Source" just shows an HTML-ization of that same plaintext version. "Show raw message" is the only way I can see the HTML of the original message.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 12:43 AM   #4
kwiniec

NoScript 2.6.8.16 is the problem! Now I just have to determine in which version the problem first appeared and then notify the developer. What I find very wierd is how this version of NoScript can break FastMail even when javascript is hard-disabled by Firefox preference. Otherwise, FastMail is perfectly great at inlining HTML messages without javascript.

Thanks again for doing a confirmation test which set me on the right path.

Last edited by kwiniec : 5 Mar 2014 at 12:49 AM.