EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Dec 2006, 12:55 PM   #1
wagnerne

Credit Card Fraud

My wife had charges to her credit card, description WP-Messaging Engine Bundoora. My wife nor I even heard of FM. I would like to discover who I can contact to find where these charges orginated from. There was also a charge to Med Help International. Any help appreciated.
wagnerne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Dec 2006, 01:27 PM   #2
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Try your Bank they will sort it out for you...somone form F/m may read your post but unless you contact them they will have no idea who you are and may not have your details.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2006, 08:56 PM   #3
Si1
Cornerstone of the Community

Re: Credit Card Fraud

Quote:
Originally posted by wagnerne
I would like to discover who I can contact to find where these charges orginated from.
I suggest you contact Fastmail support. An explanation of how to do that is here.
Si1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2006, 08:38 PM   #4
DrStrabismus
The "e" in e-mail

I'd suggest that you don't waste your time on Fastmail support. The most important thing is to contact the credit card company, and let them handle it.
DrStrabismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Si1
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm sure FM will want to block the account as it's likely to have been set up to send spam.
Si1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2006, 06:58 AM   #6
robmueller
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Yes, please do let us know. We definitely want to lock the offending account and refund the transaction.

If we refund the transaction, then it only costs us a few cents and you get the money back pretty much straight away.

If you go to the bank first and dispute the transaction, then it goes through a much larger "chargeback" process. You have to sign various bits of paper and in the end you get the money back (usually months), but we also get hit with a hefty fee, which is why we infinitely prefer refunding transactions we know to be fraudulent than doing the full chargeback process.

Rob
robmueller is offline   Reply With Quote