EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 16 Mar 2022, 02:40 AM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Google Domains out of Beta - special offer

https://blog.google/outreach-initiat...oogle-domains/

Quote:
Today, we’re moving Google Domains out of beta and into general availability in 26 countries. With millions of active registrations, we know how valuable domain names are to customers, and we take seriously the responsibility to provide a service that’s often at the very heart of a business, brand or passion.

As we move out of beta, from now until April 15, we’re offering new and returning users 20% off any single domain registration or transfer-in to Google Domains using the code DOMAINS20
I have also seen another offer for 25% off, using code FRIENDSOFDOMAINS - this is on the hotukdeals website:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/...fer-in-3905101
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Mar 2022, 07:20 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Google Domains is probably very secure, but it is certainly not the cheapest and I have found its interface less user friendly than several other providers. It does allow for easy set up of a professional Google Workspace account.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2022, 11:16 PM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Google Domains is probably very secure, but it is certainly not the cheapest and I have found its interface less user friendly than several other providers. It does allow for easy set up of a professional Google Workspace account.
The main drawback to Google Domains is, I think, managing your domain(s) through your Gmail account. I would prefer to keep these entities separate.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2022, 04:41 PM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I do not agree with you. It's one of the most user-friendly I've seen. I also find them quite competitive in price. 8 to 12 euros per year for a regular domain name is not expensive.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2022, 07:52 PM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I do not agree with you. It's one of the most user-friendly I've seen.
To each his own! Maybe things have changed, but for one small nonprofit I run we hit a problem in that they would only take credit cards for payment and we didn't have a corporate credit card. Plus, when you migrate out be sure to cancel your payment method FIRST, so you don't end up with an ongoing payment and no way to log in to get rid of it.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote