EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Jul 2014, 01:25 AM   #1
BrianF

Junk Mail Folder

I have activated spam protection at the "Aggressive" level. This should place spam in the Junk Mail Folder. I had expected that selecting spam protection would have created a folder called "Junk Mail" but that has not happened. I already have a "Spam" folder but as no spam has been placed in it I am not sure if it is recognised as the appropriate destination for spam. If I rename the folder as Junk Mail will the spam filtering system recognise it as the appropriate destination?
BrianF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Jul 2014, 05:02 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

The folder shown as Spam in the current web interface is actually named Junk Mail on the IMAP server. So all of the rules mention "Junk Mail", while mailbox user interface shows "Spam". If you examine the Settings screen Folders tab, you will see that two folders have dual names:
  • Spam (Junk Mail)
  • Sent (Sent Items)
Those are system folders, so you will find that they can't be renamed.

Setting the spam protection to Aggressive sets these spam filtering levels:
  • Address Book Whitelisting: Messages sent by someone whose address is in your online address book bypass the spam filter.
  • Definite Spam: If the spam score is >= 10.0, the message will be discarded.
  • Probable Spam: If the spam score is >= 4.0, the message is moved to the Spam (Junk Mail) folder.
  • Possible Spam: If the spam score is >= 4.0, the message subject is changed to include a {SPAM xx.x} marking
You can make changes to these settings by using the Custom spam protection level. It's safest if you add your common email contact addresses to the online Address Book. Email from those people will then never be treated as spam.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2014, 05:24 AM   #3
BrianF

Gottit. Thank you.
BrianF is offline   Reply With Quote