EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Dec 2018, 09:15 AM   #1
easemail

Calendar Email Reminders - Note Field Problem

The email reminders for calendar items have recently been changed from rich text to some kind of fastmail specific design. The note field in the calendar reminder no longer recognizes hard returns, links, or HTML. The note field used to be a big help to me for making lists and following links at at certain times of the week. The new design for the reminder emails looks great, but the downgrade in functionality for the notes field is frustrating.

Has anybody else had to deal with this issue? Any tips or tricks?
easemail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Dec 2018, 10:39 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

On about 20 November 2018, Fastmail started using multipart MIME format for calendar reminder messages.
  • The first MIME part appears to me to be identical to the previous (text/plain only) message body. With a PC browser you can use the More > View as Text feature to view the plaintext content.
  • The second MIME part is HTML and includes conditional code (if gte mso X) to work with various versions of Microsoft Office. See:
    https://templates.mailchimp.com/deve...nditional-css/
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2018, 08:29 AM   #3
easemail

I use a mac browser so no "view as text" feature will work with me. Thanks for the explanation of what happened though.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 12:35 PM   #4
easemail

Noticed that the notes fields now have hard returns again. Not sure what changed, but VERY happy about this. Go fastmail!