EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 14 May 2003, 09:08 AM   #31
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

I agree. Edwin is firm but fair. And all the best moderators are like that. I, for one, have been greatly inspired by the moderation and Edwin's administration of EMD and have a heavy influence of it in my own forum!

Apologies if I have said this already but the moderation of this forum must never go uncongratulated! (I only hope I'm not violating rule J with this post).
Adam Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2003, 10:57 AM   #32
kander
The "e" in e-mail

1000 :)

Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys, Girls, Undefineds,

I want to thank you all. Each and every one of you. I realize that there are many among these forums that I don't know as well as I would want to, and that there are those that I almost know better than I know some of the people I have to interact with in daily life...

It's been quite a while since I first wandered onto these boards, a clueless newbie looking out into the world of e-mail with big eyes full of wonder. Now today I am placing my 1000th post here, still big-eyed, but less clueless.

I can't remember ever doing that on any other Forum, so it's gotta be something about these Forums that make me keep on coming back every day. Is it perhaps the good and sound advice I can get here on just about any aspect of my e-mail experience? Is it perhaps the speedful manner in which problems with trolls and other malfactors are dealt with? Could be... but one thing I know for sure: It's mostly because of YOU that I am here, the people.

Here are a few shout-outs to some of the people I have met on these Forums, and to whom I feel somehow grateful for being here.

First of all Jeremy Howard, the guy we all know and like (and some perhaps even love ). Thanks for creating FastMail, the best mailprovider this side of Alpha Centauri, and establishing contact between FM HQ and the EMD Forums...

Rob Mueller, also for creating FastMail, and for solving problems with the service, and the millions of little tweaks.

FMFan: Thanks for your friendship, Bill!

Mammaduck: A fellow 'Dutchie', thanks for the evenings of rummicub and Hearts!

Robert@fm: As long as you don't start tossing those aces across the table

Elvey: Who is to me an example of a true WikiMaster, sharp in mind and wit, knowledgable on seemingly everything.

Stormcrow: Dan, you're not around very long, but you've already become part of what makes these Forums what they are! (Not to mention the fact that you brought back fond memories of threads long forgotten )

Gankaku: Lisa, Thanks for your great advice! The flax seed helped a lot! It's looking much better now! I'm also looking forward to seeing some more stylesheets if you've got the inspiration to do some, they're all great!

And all the people, big and small, new and old... THANKS!!!

And not to forget the one man without who's tireless efforts this all wouldn't have been possible. He is to me a shining example in a world of trolls and cross-posters, a rock in the flood of commercials, shelter in the storm of vulgarity... he is our host for tonight: Edwin Hayward! THANKS go out to you too, Edwin!

I hope you'll all keep posting!

Cheers,

--K
Kander
Master of the @

Last edited by kander : 24 Aug 2003 at 12:43 AM.
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2003, 05:50 AM   #33
mammaduck
Cornerstone of the Community

Kander, what a truly nice post !!

I have been a member of this forum since early last year but didn't start posting regularly till a few months ago.

Before I started to post I was already coming here too often. I have been around the internet for almost 7 years now and have come across many, many forums. This one is the best

Thank you Edwin, for doing such a wonderful job and thanks to a lot of members (you know who you are ) for making this forum such a friendly and welcoming place.

Hanneke
mammaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:15 AM   #34
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Re: 1000 :)

Quote:
Originally posted by kander
Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys, Girls, Undefineds,

I want to thank you all. Each and every one of you. I realize that there are many among these forums that I don't know as well as I would want to, and that there are those that I almost know better than I know some of the people I have to interact with in daily life...

It's been quite a while since I first wandered onto these boards, a clueless newbie looking out into the world of e-mail with big eyes full of wonder. Now today I am placing my 1000th post here, still big-eyed, but less clueless.

I can't remember ever doing that on any other Forum, so it's gotta be something about these Forums that make me keep on coming back every day. Is it perhaps the good and sound advice I can get here on just about any aspect of my e-mail experience? Is it perhaps the speedful manner in which problems with trolls and other malfactors are dealt with? Could be... but one thing I know for sure: It's mostly because of YOU that I am here, the people.

Here are a few shout-outs to some of the people I have met on these Forums, and to whom I feel somehow grateful for being here.

First of all Jeremy Howard, the guy we all know and like (and some perhaps even love ). Thanks for creating FastMail, the best mailprovider this side of Alpha Centauri, and establishing contact between FM HQ and the EMD Forums...

Rob Mueller, also for creating FastMail, and for solving problems with the service, and the millions of little tweaks.

FMFan: Thanks for your friendship, Bill!

Mammaduck: A fellow 'Dutchie', thanks for the evenings of rummicub and Hearts!

Robert@fm: As long as you don't start tossing those aces across the table

Elvey: Who is to me an example of a true WikiMaster, sharp in mind and wit, knowledgable on seemingly everything.

Stormcrow: Dan, you're not around very long, but you've already become part of what makes these Forums what they are! (Not to mention the fact that you brought back fond memories of threads long forgotten )

Gankaku: Lisa, Thanks for your great advice! The flax seed helped a lot! It's looking much better now! I'm also looking forward to seeing some more stylesheets if you've got the inspiration to do some, they're all great!

And all the people, big and small, new and old... THANKS!!!

And not to forget the one man without who's tireless efforts this all wouldn't have been possible. He is to me a shining example in a world of trolls and cross-posters, a rock in the flood of commercials, shelter in the storm of vulgarity... he is our host for tonight: Edwin Hayward! THANKS go out to you too, Edwin!

I hope you'll all keep posting!

Cheers,

--K
Kander
Master of the @
Amen
Adam Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2003, 02:54 AM   #35
jlnt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
JLMail.com
My Life

Well, when I am not on the forum, I am working on my own stuff. I am on this forum at all times during the day seeing what people are posting about the great email services, and putting in my part of help. Thank you Edwin for allowing me and my service to be apart of your great forum!
jlnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2003, 08:54 PM   #36
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Terrific forum-thanks everyone-so helpful!

I want to say a big thankyou to all the people who have helped me.I found out about this former from a member that I chat to on another board and I'm so happy he told me about it.I only joined a few days ago and everyone has been so kind,helpful and patient with me.Some of the people that helped me didn't want to be emailed so I've posted this general thankyou for them and to all those who have answered my posts and given me advice as to have to solve my problems with my fastmail account.It's still not resoved but Sherry has been working diligently to help me,she's been fantastic.She said she'll help me until we get this working properly--that is so kind and generous of her,I am very grateful.Every time I've posted so many reply with their ideas and helpful hints and I'm very pleased and proud to be part of such a wonderful group of individuals.Thankyou everyone!!!
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2003, 10:40 AM   #37
Carefree Frank

I havnt been around for long, but my brief stay has been enjoyble. I dont claim to be completed clued up technically, but what I dont know, has been quickly answered by one of you friendly boys and girls. I`ve particularly enjoyed the off topic lounge, lots of great threads, and something I can join in with regularly.
Carefree Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2003, 04:14 AM   #38
Chipper
Master of the @

I have to heartily second the comments made (especially those made by anj and kander) regarding all aspects of the forums.

However, the one thing that definately stands out is the people: They have really been helpful with the questions I have had.

Gankaku -
* I like your Abraham Lincoln quote. I work as a computer programmer and whenever a user says, "Is it possible for the computer to do..." my response is "Anything is possible given enough time and resources." I might start using your quote because mine could be interpreted as "Anything is possible as long as you have deep enough pockets to pay for it." My mantra was is and continues to be, "Write the system for the users not for the programmers."
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 02:14 AM   #39
mbfw6

Thumbs up Much gratitude!

Hi y'all, I am new here,
Amen to everything that has been said ! My story is nasty -- I was a long-time subscriber to Yahoo and to Hotmail before that. Suddenly last Friday I was unable to compose messages on Yahoo. Also I was unable to delete anything! I attempted all weekend to use my email, but the same problems persisted. Now, my husband, sons and I have lived all over the world and four of our sons are deployed with the military. Obviously I depend on email to keep in touch with many folks. I also attempted to sign up with no less that six web-based email sites. NONE OF THEM WOULD ACCEPT ME.!! Either that or I could not send mail; and on two cases intended receipents never got the mail! Then I found you all. Thanks soooooomuch for being not only there but very neat, clean and efficient. Bless you all!!
Mary B.
PS: Why an I not able to use the smilies?
AdmiralU were you ever in the Navy?
mbfw6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 06:42 AM   #40
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I've been around these forums for quite a long time. There were times when I spent several hours a day browsing the forums. Now I spend less time and come less often, but it is still my favourite place in the world wide web. I guess I learned a lot about email and lots of other things from the people in these forums. Now I spend more time learning other things in other places. There are many interesting places on the web, and many nice people to meet, but for me this forum is like family!
hadaso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 09:57 AM   #41
Sherry

I think the reason I enjoy the EMD forums is because of the rules Edwin as setup and the way the Mods keep the rules enforced. Then, last but not least, is the EMD community. Nowhere have I found forums to be so enjoyable, informative and helpful.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2005, 05:46 PM   #42
marc_otten
Master of the @

Hi all...

I just wanna pay big respect to the EMD-staff and all it's members. It's fantastic to be part of a community like this and to be able to share knowledge & advice with others people.

Keep up the great job you are all doing!

- Marc
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2005, 09:29 AM   #43
silasm0

this forum

This forum is fast. How about posting some really neat non-geek stuff?
silasm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2007, 11:22 AM   #44
Sherry

Mod:

Merovingian, I have moved your testimonial post to the FastMail Testimonials thread that is in the "FastMail.FM General Discussions" Forum. This testimonial thread is for the EmailDiscussions.com (EMD) site. It has many forums.

If you want to edit any part of your post just click on the Edit button at the bottom right of your post.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2007, 08:16 PM   #45
Merovingian
Master of the @

oops! sorry....but, just as I've said- you're there to help!
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote