EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Jan 2021, 07:26 AM   #1
twain44

Angry Can't Send Email

Blocked from Sending email - have ticket in, but after ten years wiht FM, I could use some advice.

This box popped up a short time ago when I was trying to send a message.

Send Failed!
Sorry, you can’t currently send this message. The user "myusername" is not permitted to send email Please contact our support team for more information or help.

"Myusername" above is for security; my real user name is in the message. Is this from Fastmail?
twain44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Jan 2021, 08:00 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Please delete the duplicate posting of your issue in another thread. Double-posting is discouraged in this forum.

It appears from your description that there is something about your specific account is causing this difficulty, so there isn't much help you are likely to get from this forum. It isn't obvious from your post whether you were trying to send from the Fastmail web interface, the Fastmail mobile app, or a third-party email client (such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, or Outlook). If you are using an email client, you of course need to have your outgoing SMTP set up to use the proper Fastmail SMTP server and use an App password you created specifically for that email client.

Of course, you might also log into your Fastmail account and check a few things. In Billing & Plan you can see when your account renews. In Password & Security you can see your logged in sessions and App Passwords. If you suspect fraudulent activity you might want to disable or remove any existing App Passwords and change your main login password.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2021, 09:25 AM   #3
twain44

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am using the web interface, and have never used anything else.

I checked billing, and that is good to go, and scheduled for auto renewal next month.

All log ins in the past four weeks are only from my machines, and are correct.

Mail arrives without problem, but a reply generates the blue box with the same copy as stated in my post.

Twain
Old 16 Jan 2021, 10:26 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

When you see this error when attempting to send a message, are you using a Fastmail domain for your From address, or another domain?

For example, if you are forwarding messages from a Gmail account to your Fastmail account and then try to reply from the Gmail From address, Fastmail has to log into the Gmail SMTP outgoing server using your Gmail credentials. If anything has changed on the Gmail end (such as your password), this will fail until you set the Fastmail sending identity up again.

If use of an external domain isn't the issue, please try this: Log into your Fastmail account and click Compose. Send a message to your Fastmail account so that the From and Send addresses are identical. Does this message get sent and does it arrive properly at your account?

Bill
Old 16 Jan 2021, 10:52 AM   #5
twain44

Thanks for yours.

No, I only use Fastmail, and no other domains.

I did compose a note to myself, and found that I cannot send a note to myself either.

Have had no response from Support on this matter, and the last. successful reply to one of our clients was 24 hours ago. I hope they are working on this.

Twain
Old 16 Jan 2021, 11:05 AM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Try creating a new alias at your Fastmail account and sending from/to that new alias address. If Fastmail blocks your account for some reason, they normally send you an email warning you of something causing an issue. If you send me a PM (private message) here at EMD with your email address, I could try sending messages to/from you. Are you receiving new incoming email after this sending problem started? This is very strange!

Bill
Old 17 Jan 2021, 10:30 AM   #7
twain44

Thanks for looking at the problem. I am receiving all incoming emails without any problems. However, the ability to send or reply to any note has not changed. I did create a new alias as suggested but it hasn't shown up as active as of yet.

Support sent a note this AM that the ticket has been sent to the senior tier, but I have heard nothing back as of this hour.

I am not sure how to PM you, because I only have my notebook computer. Incidentally, I have tried to send messages on two different computers and browsers, and both failed, so I suspect the problem is FMs, and not mine. Also, I have never received any message from FastMail about any problem whatsoever. I have been on Fast Mail for at least ten years, or it seems like it.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 03:26 PM   #8
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by twain44 View Post
Thanks for looking at the problem. I am receiving all incoming emails without any problems. However, the ability to send or reply to any note has not changed. I did create a new alias as suggested but it hasn't shown up as active as of yet.

Support sent a note this AM that the ticket has been sent to the senior tier, but I have heard nothing back as of this hour.

I am not sure how to PM you, because I only have my notebook computer. Incidentally, I have tried to send messages on two different computers and browsers, and both failed, so I suspect the problem is FMs, and not mine. Also, I have never received any message from FastMail about any problem whatsoever. I have been on Fast Mail for at least ten years, or it seems like it.
You can send a private message using this forum.

Once way is to click on the User you want to message (bringing up his profile) and then click on Send <user> a private message on the right hand side.

You can see if someone else has sent you a message if you look at the top right of your screen, clicking on Private Messages to see your Inbox.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote