EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 18 Jan 2017, 12:31 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
can iCloud fetch pop mail from other providers?

I always use icloud email from my iphone, though the service itself is not solid enough.
But I have several other accounts in different providers as well.
My question is,can I setup icloud to fetch other accounts via pop, like what gmail does?

Thanks.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Jan 2017, 04:46 AM   #2
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Sadly, the short answer is no.

Apple expanded the features of its mail service for a brief while when it was MobileMe, allowing a bit more variety in aliases as well as POP fetch, but after it became iCloud they basically clawed back on most of that. It's a disappointingly basic email service these days, and I use mine for nothing other than testing stuff.

About the only value to using an iCloud Mail account on your iPhone is access to push e-mail, but even that's not as well-implemented as it should be. I use FastMail now on my iPhone, in the native iOS Mail app, and it supports full push — it actually does a better job than iCloud does in that regard in that it can push secondary IMAP folders other than the INBOX, and actually reconciles changes (e.g. read/deleted/flagged messages, not just new messages).
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote