EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Early Warning... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Eumx is changing (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=71854)

Webgenie 2 Jul 2016 07:00 AM

Thank you, Fabule, will do.

Tsunami 4 Jul 2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflorack (Post 594797)
Yes, similar to OneDrive or Dropbox. My webhost offers it, as well.

Thanks for clarifying. I never used any cloud services, I sort of feel odd about having personal files stored on a distant server somewhere. I still use an external hard drive to make back-ups of my files. As a customer of Office 365 I have a massive amount of cloud storage in OneDrive but so far haven't used it yet. If there is really a file I must access from other computers, an email to myself with the file as attachment does the trick. I know this sounds very outdated as a method...

janusz 4 Jul 2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 594843)
I sort of feel odd about having personal files stored on a distant server somewhere.

What about your emails? Bank accounts? :D

17pm 12 Jul 2016 09:21 PM

Any new news about this? For example, what about an admin panel and 2FA?

Or is it just about removing some webclients and adding others?

soromak 15 Jul 2016 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 594966)
Any new news about this? For example, what about an admin panel and 2FA?

Or is it just about removing some webclients and adding others?

As far as I know new EuMX infrastructure includes separate control panel (ispconfig), when it comes to 2FA they are still reviewing the options: in a beta period it included authentication with SSL cert, since it was not well regarded by the test group they are considering something else - no idea about the final plan.

nutria 21 Aug 2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabule (Post 594667)
Hi,

- OwnCloud will become available for all existing users. URL: https://ssl.eumx.net/owncloud/ . - It won't be integrated with any webmail interface at this moment.

This means that owncloud mail app will not be available?
Only owncloud files app?

randian 21 Aug 2016 11:51 AM

Does Exchange Activesync still only work with Horde? Do the various webmail interfaces share contacts and calendars with each other?

soromak 21 Aug 2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randian (Post 596261)
Does Exchange Activesync still only work with Horde? Do the various webmail interfaces share contacts and calendars with each other?

ActiveSync is supported only with Horde and Sogo (which also includes full Outlook support), I do not know when/if Sogo will be available. As far as I know ActiveSync is not on a roadmap of Afterlogic. When it comes to contacts/calendars both Horde and Afterlogic Webmail Pro support Cal/CardDAV, so I guess it is something we should ask EuMX support to look into.

soromak 21 Aug 2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutria (Post 596257)
This means that owncloud mail app will not be available?
Only owncloud files app?

I think Owncloud app mail is very basic, but Afterlogic Webmail pro nicely integrates with OwnCloud.
We just need to request this enhancement from EuMX.

17pm 21 Aug 2016 06:15 PM

AfterLogic is actually not that bad..

I think most of its problems lie in the graphics. There's way too much wasted space, specially vertical space. It would be good if there was a notes extension installed. Is there even one available? What about an "Archive" extension, just like fastmail uses.

One thing that's missing is keyboard shortcuts. I noticed that there are some shortcuts, but there's no easy way to figure out the shortcuts for each thing.

soromak 21 Aug 2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 596279)
AfterLogic is actually not that bad..

I think most of its problems lie in the graphics. There's way too much wasted space, specially vertical space. It would be good if there was a notes extension installed. Is there even one available? What about an "Archive" extension, just like fastmail uses.

One thing that's missing is keyboard shortcuts. I noticed that there are some shortcuts, but there's no easy way to figure out the shortcuts for each thing.

I think an archive extension might be missing - whatever it is up to..never used with my FM account..but I found some details about shortcuts here

17pm 21 Aug 2016 11:31 PM

Soromak, do you know if AfterLogic Pro is open-source? I can see that Lite is open-source, but I couldn't find much regarding the pro version.

Also, do you know if they've a bug-bounty program?

soromak 22 Aug 2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 596301)
Soromak, do you know if AfterLogic Pro is open-source? I can see that Lite is open-source, but I couldn't find much regarding the pro version.

Also, do you know if they've a bug-bounty program?

I do not see any of these informations at their website, however they have community forum where you can propose new features and users can vote. At the moment they have an open beta test of iOS/Android app to work with files and contacts/calendar app behind the corner.

communicant 23 Aug 2016 08:21 PM

regarding the coming shutdown of OWM at EuMX on Sept. 24, 2016

Those who log on to the EuMX/OWM page see a message at the top saying OWM will be decommissioned on Sept. 24, and providing links to the other EuMX webmail interfaces that will still be available.

I logged on to the EuMX/roundcube interface, and I am puzzled. It is virgin -- no folders, no stored mail, no identities, everything empty.

It is a nuisance, but I suppose I can recreate the identities ('personalities') that currently are available to me in OWM, but what about the mail in the folders? Can it be migrated? Does anyone know? Fabule, can you please enlighten us?

Also, when I clicked on 'logout', I got this --

Human interaction is now required to continue.
Please contact your server-administrator.

Does anyone know what this means? Again, Fabule, could you please assist? Many thanks.

soromak 23 Aug 2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by communicant (Post 596456)
Those who log on to the EuMX/OWM page see a message at the top saying OWM will be decommissioned on Sept. 24, and providing links to the other EuMX webmail interfaces that will still be available.

I logged on to the EuMX/roundcube interface, and I am puzzled. It is virgin -- no folders, no stored mail, no identities, everything empty.

It is a nuisance, but I suppose I can recreate the identities ('personalities') that currently are available to me in OWM, but what about the mail in the folders? Can it be migrated? Does anyone know? Fabule, can you please enlighten us?

Also, when I clicked on 'logout', I got this --

Human interaction is now required to continue.
Please contact your server-administrator.

Does anyone know what this means? Again, Fabule, could you please assist? Many thanks.

I have just checked, and Roudcube works for me as it should. Nothing is lost. I would recommend sending an e-mail to EuMX support, not wait for their support in this thread.

just1acc 27 Aug 2016 12:17 AM

How to change password now? I use Round Cube.

janusz 27 Aug 2016 12:28 AM

I believe the sysadmin must allow/install an appropriate plugin first.

Obvious workaround: use another interface to change the pw.

17pm 28 Aug 2016 01:16 AM

Why are recurring events not available in EumX's version of after logic pro?

It should be available, according to this post: http://forum.afterlogic.com/forum_po...?TID=7156&PN=1

Is EumX using the LITE version?

soromak 28 Aug 2016 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 596626)

It should be available, according to this post: http://forum.afterlogic.com/forum_po...?TID=7156&PN=1

EuMX is using Pro version but as Janusz mentioned an appropriate plugin must be activated by administrator.
Drop EuMX support a line..

17pm 28 Aug 2016 06:12 PM

Another question:

Is EuMX a 1-man show?

Berenburger 28 Aug 2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 596640)
Another question:

Is EuMX a 1-man show?

Mainly 1: Rudolf Pinter. And 1 or 2 back-up fellows, if I remember correctly.

fabule 28 Aug 2016 06:47 PM

Please contact us by sending an email to support. Both password change and recurring events should work in AfterLogic.

If you have issues with these features we will need to check our logs and troubleshoot it with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 596626)

fabule 28 Aug 2016 06:49 PM

A bit more, but you remember correctly (less than 10).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 596645)
Mainly 1: Rudolf Pinter. And 1 or 2 back-up fellows, if I remember correctly.

17pm 17 Sep 2016 07:41 PM

Is anyone already using the new EuMX?

Bob D 17 Sep 2016 11:26 PM

In that I almost exclusively use a local email client, migration to the "new" EuMX has been completely transparent.

randian 17 Sep 2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 597065)
Is anyone already using the new EuMX?

I don't think it has been rolled out yet.

17pm 24 Sep 2016 02:57 AM

I was under the impression that it would be rolled out around the 20th of September...

Does anyone know of an exact date?

soromak 24 Sep 2016 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 597155)
I was under the impression that it would be rolled out around the 20th of September...

Does anyone know of an exact date?

It is clearly mentioned that OWM will be decommissioned 24th September so I assume this will equal to roll out of "new" legacy EuMX. No idea about the official roll-out of new EuMX though.

17pm 15 Feb 2017 07:14 PM

So... where are all the changes?

janusz 15 Feb 2017 07:25 PM

Threre is no OWM, AfterLogic is available.

17pm 15 Feb 2017 08:00 PM

Those are not the changes that were being discussed.. There was going to be an admin panel (to add domains, aliases, etc), a huge increase in storage space, 2FA, updated site(?), etc..

janusz 15 Feb 2017 08:08 PM

All sorts of things have been discussed here, including web interfaces.

BTW, I'm not aware of any existing restriction on the storage space. May be this depends on the account type.

sflorack 15 Feb 2017 11:05 PM

EUMX provides decent services, but the issues on their website has never allowed me to feel comfortable recommending them or using it as my primary email service.

From the main site, "Request Access" and "Get Support" takes you to the same page. On that page, "Secure Login" takes you to their discontinued application (OWM). "New Registration" goes no where. The "Support Forum" link goes to their discontinued forum. "Contact Us" is a link to the current page, and "Help" is also for their discontinued application (OWM).

Maybe their concentrating all of their efforts on the backend, but a few hours of work would probably clean things up.

David 16 Feb 2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflorack (Post 600002)
"Contact Us" is a link to the current page, and "Help" is also for their discontinued application (OWM).

Maybe their concentrating all of their efforts on the backend, but a few hours of work would probably clean things up.

I used the contact us link a few days ago (to open a new account) and received a reply a couple of days later from Rudolf. My plan is to open a paid account with EuMX, And to use it as my main account

17pm 16 Feb 2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 600003)
I used the contact us link a few days ago (to open a new account) and received a reply a couple of days later from Rudolph. My plan is to open a paid account with EuMX, And to use it as my main account

Well, you can do as you please but my suggestion is a big:

- Do not use EuMX as your main account.

Seriously, don't.

David 16 Feb 2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17pm (Post 600005)
Well, you can do as you please but my suggestion is a big:

- Do not use EuMX as your main account.

Seriously, don't.

I used them (for a few years) about 6 years ago, with no problems. Why would I not use them, I am wondering.

David 16 Feb 2017 05:29 AM

The new EuMX looks very nice. I just logged in to Webmail for the first time. A lot of stuff is all new to me, which is to be expected, I guess.

Thank You Rudolf.

thebull 16 Feb 2017 07:46 AM

How is it compared to the others and the old one

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 600010)
The new EuMX looks very nice. I just logged in to Webmail for the first time. A lot of stuff is all new to me, which is to be expected, I guess.

Thank You Rudolf.

Hi Rudolf,
How is it compared to Roundcube?
I would really like to know as I have been using it since the closing of the Open Web Mail?
And compared to Open Web Mail?
In other words more explicit details please!:cool:

David 16 Feb 2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebull (Post 600012)
Hi Rudolf,
How is it compared to Roundcube?
I would really like to know as I have been using it since the closing of the Open Web Mail?
And compared to Open Web Mail?
In other words more explicit details please!:cool:

I have just logged in, to: ssl.eumx.net/webmail - but have no clue what I am using ;) it has been seven years since I have used EuMX.

Webgenie 16 Feb 2017 08:09 AM

I think that is AfterLogic, which I tried awhile back and I like the looks of it.