EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   The Off-Topic Lounge (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Game: Chain of Song Titles (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=16694)

dragon1 26 Oct 2003 03:29 AM

Game: Chain of Song Titles

This game is borrowed from another discussion board which was borrowed from other discussion boards.:)

Object: Enter the title of a song which begins with the last letter or number (the digit) in the title of the previous song.

Examples:

1) Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

2) Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues

Rules:
  • The first letter in the song title must start with the last letter or number in the previous song title.
  • You may repeat a song title only if the artist is different, i.e. there are many versions of "Louie, Louie." This makes it a little harder. So please indicate the artist/group's name.
  • You do not have to boldface the last/ first letters.
  • "A" or "The" in the song title can be either ignored or used.
  • Any musical genre is game, whether it's rock, pop, classical, gospel, hip-hop, country, New Age, world, jazz, etc. Just be sure the song title/ artist's name is clear of any forum-banned words.
  • Any song title ending with "X" won't count, so try to avoid it. There just aren't too many songs that begin with "X".
  • Please contain your enthusiasm by posting only one song at a time and wait one post before posting again. See exception below.
  • Exception to the above is Malc's Rule where if you post a song title that starts and ends with the same letter, you can immediately post again.
  • Starting Dec. 2004 you may repeat song titles used April 2004 and prior, and the title may not be repeated during this new phase until at least 5 pages have passed. This is because we don't have a current "titles already used" list anymore.

Lists of Songs So Far
Many thanks to Kander, guru of PHP & MySQL

Sorted List
Chain List - by order of entry to this thread

---------------------------------------

I'll start with this song that I heard this morning on an oldies station:

Never Can Say Goodbye

The Jackson Five

Adrian Bell 26 Oct 2003 03:45 AM

Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire

robert@fm 26 Oct 2003 05:28 AM

Never Let Me Down — Bavid Bowie

kchess79 26 Oct 2003 06:47 AM

Nothin' But a Woman--Robert Cray

26 Oct 2003 07:40 AM

Narcissus - Alanis Morissette

(do you know how hard it is to find a song starting with n!)

Malc 44 26 Oct 2003 08:23 AM

Shape of my heart ~ Sting

pwb 26 Oct 2003 08:30 AM

Too Low for Zero - Elton John

kander 26 Oct 2003 08:34 AM

Orinoco Flow - Enya

pwb 26 Oct 2003 08:59 AM

What becomes of the broken hearted? - Vonda Shepherd

dragon1 26 Oct 2003 09:15 AM

Dancing in the Street

Martha and the Vandellas

stovertm 26 Oct 2003 01:10 PM

Ticket to Ride - The Beatles

Malc 44 26 Oct 2003 04:26 PM

Everybody wants to rule the world ~ Tears For Fears

(Maybe songs ending with X should be avoided, I can only think of one song that starts with an X) ;)

Malc

26 Oct 2003 06:26 PM

Dancing in the Moonlight

kander 26 Oct 2003 07:50 PM

The Long Ships - Enya

(I actually can't think of any song that even ends with an X... but perhaps this is a good guideline indeed.)

26 Oct 2003 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kander
The Long Ships - Enya

(I actually can't think of any song that even ends with an X... but perhaps this is a good guideline indeed.)

Sing - Travis

(the only song starting with X I know of is a cheesy 70's song called Xanadu. Now its stuck in my head for the rest of the night :rolleyes: )