EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fast mail Price (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78636)

sheprd 8 May 2021 04:44 AM

Fast mail Price

Noticed Fast Mail has increased price right much in past month or so

placebo 8 May 2021 05:27 AM

Where did you see that? The prices on the Pricing page are unchanged, I think.

n5bb 8 May 2021 12:57 PM

Yes, you need to be much more specific to understand what you think has happened. For example, which account level, new or renewal, one month or longer term, etc.

I have a Standard account I upgraded to in early 2017 at a rate of $130 for a 3 year term. I have since renewed it once for another three years, and when I check the early renewal rate it's still $130 / 3 years.

I also have a Basic account I upgraded to in early 2017. The original rate was $40/year but now it's gone down to $30/year.

Bill

sheprd 8 May 2021 09:22 PM

Thanks to Placebo and n5bb for your response. i have had a basic account in the fairly recent past, say few months and it was bout $30 a year. I let it expire and went in a week ago to re join for basic version an price quoted was $50 per year. and i declined to join. I will check again to make sure i am correct

sheprd 8 May 2021 09:46 PM

Sorry bout my $50 comment. Can't find it. Found Business quote for $30 and regular quote
Starting at $ 3.00 per month basic version. I was wrong and may return and sign up

Quincy_G 12 May 2021 01:43 AM

too much for a family

I had a Fastmail account for years, but now that the kids are bigger and need their own mail accounts, it just gets too expensive. A standard account at 59,50$ and then 4 basic (wife, 3 kids) at 35,70, that makes 202,30$ a year, that's just too much for a family.

sheprd 12 May 2021 03:34 AM

I hear you Quincy, don't think i could afford it if i had other family eithere

TenFour 12 May 2021 05:46 AM

Check out Purelymail--$10 a year and you can add multiple domains and multiple users. "No arbitrary limits" is what they claim. If you use a lot of resources they bump you up to "advanced pricing" that still looks extremely reasonable. There's a good thread about Purelymail running recently. http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ght=purelymail

Quincy_G 13 May 2021 11:07 PM

Hello, thanks for the tip with Purelymail. I have looked at it and the features are good, the price is unbeatable. But what puts me off: It's a one-man-show, that's too tricky for me, nowadays so much is done via email, I can't afford it if it breaks down for longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 621222)
Check out Purelymail--$10 a year and you can add multiple domains and multiple users. "No arbitrary limits" is what they claim. If you use a lot of resources they bump you up to "advanced pricing" that still looks extremely reasonable. There's a good thread about Purelymail running recently. http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ght=purelymail

hadaso 14 May 2021 06:21 AM

Email is worth much more than what we pay for it.
I spend much more annually on maintaining my addiction to caffeine and various other substances that are bad for me than what I spend on email that serves me well.

Quincy_G 14 May 2021 04:26 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If you want something reasonable, you should already be willing to pay for it. I don't use free providers either. Alone because I want to send e-mails with my own domain. But with my current provider I pay 45$ a year for as many accounts and alias addresses as I want up to a total storage space of 50GB and another 10$ a year for the domain. I think that's okay. Fastmail of course offers calendars and a much better filtering system, as well as its own app and a fast, streamlined web interface. But at 100$ a year I would draw the pain threshold for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadaso (Post 621252)
Email is worth much more than what we pay for it.
I spend much more annually on maintaining my addiction to caffeine and various other substances that are bad for me than what I spend on email that serves me well.

lpn 15 May 2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quincy_G (Post 621255)
I agree with you wholeheartedly. If you want something reasonable, you should already be willing to pay for it. I don't use free providers either. Alone because I want to send e-mails with my own domain. But with my current provider I pay 45$ a year for as many accounts and alias addresses as I want up to a total storage space of 50GB and another 10$ a year for the domain. I think that's okay. Fastmail of course offers calendars and a much better filtering system, as well as its own app and a fast, streamlined web interface. But at 100$ a year I would draw the pain threshold for me.

Which provider are you using?

Quincy_G 15 May 2021 03:31 PM

All-inkl.com

Terry 16 May 2021 01:14 PM

Email is not all about price.

For me its features, benefits, reliability and a nice fastmail.com domain