EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   About this site... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EMD Photo Page (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=13488)

SusanUKF 17 Jan 2004 12:48 PM

I wouldn't want pictures of my children posted on the internet Killer,I have only emailed pictures of my babies to people I trust;) not to viewed by everyone that could possibly click on the link!!:rolleyes: Susan.

DBH 18 Jan 2004 04:17 AM

**NEW**

We have a new addition! Welcome, SusanUKF, to the EMD Photo Page! :D

Dave

SusanUKF 18 Jan 2004 04:35 AM

Thanks a lot Dave!!:D Susan.

munchkin 18 Jan 2004 05:10 AM

Susan,

nice to finally be able to put a face to the name :)

Sherry 18 Jan 2004 05:52 AM

Susan,
Very nice to "see" you. :)

Sherry

SusanUKF 18 Jan 2004 08:31 AM

Thanks munchkin and Sherry! It is fun seeing the people on the forum,I have lost 20 pounds since that photo and still have 15 to go and will send a new photo then that will be more acurate,and my smile won't be so forced and extreme!!:D Susan.

CelticBlackCat 18 Jan 2004 10:41 AM

Nice to see you, Susan! :) Your pic looks fine, I don't think your smile looks forced at all. :confused: Heck, I didn't even smile in the pic I sent in.

:cool:

SusanUKF 18 Jan 2004 10:42 AM

Yours is nice pix too...I really like being able to see so many members,it was a great idea.Another wonderful thing about this forum...the list is endless...:D Susan.

CelticBlackCat 18 Jan 2004 10:57 AM

Gee, thanks. Yes, it's nice to see the people who've sent in their photos. I feel like I know more about them. This forum is nice, and there's no pressure to post a pic if you don't want to.

:)

Malc 44 18 Jan 2004 05:06 PM

Nice to see both CB Cat and Susan at last :) it's really good to put a face to your names. Is that a poppy you're wearing Susan? your pic must have been taken near remembrance Sunday.

Malc

SusanUKF 18 Jan 2004 09:30 PM

Yes it is Malc,you are correct!! Thanks for your comments.I like it when more pictures come in to,it is nice putting a face to the name.:D Susan.

hadaso 19 Jan 2004 06:05 AM

I always "put a face to the name", even if just from my imagination...
I remember when I discovered the first thread about users photos, and later when DBH made the photo page, that some faces were quite surprising, since they were so different from the ones I made up... In some cases I the old "made up faces" stayed in my mind even after seeing the real face.

Another issue I thought about in the past is the user's gender: it is sometimes impossible to tell without the picture. In other times it is quite obvious from the posters posts or style. Sometimes I found that I was wrong totally wrong in my assumption...

Malc 44 19 Jan 2004 06:28 AM

I think we all do this hadaso. Sometimes my perception of how someone may look is pretty close, but mostly it is way off the mark. As for gender, I only realised recently that 'Teacher' is female, I had always assumed she was male but I don't know why. I hope you're not offended by this Teacher ;)

Malc

Drencrom 19 Jan 2004 06:33 AM

Oh boy! Teacher turned out to be a female. :) :D

beeboy 19 Jan 2004 06:37 AM

How could you guys not know? Its the Chanel #5.

Malc 44 19 Jan 2004 06:42 AM

lol beeboy! ...BTW where's your pic??? :D

beeboy 19 Jan 2004 07:05 AM

Done.

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 08:20 AM

beeboy: done---meaning?? You sent one in to Dave??The one word being a bit ambiguous...:rolleyes: Susan.

beeboy 19 Jan 2004 08:28 AM

"ambiguous" ... hhhmmm ... where did I hear that before ... lol.
Yes. I did send a photo.

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 08:30 AM

Great!! It will be nice to see another forum member!!:D Susan.

DBH 19 Jan 2004 12:13 PM

**NEW PIC**

Well, y'all asked for it...presenting - beeboy! LOL Thanks for the pic! :D

Dave

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 12:24 PM

Hi beeboy!! It is nice to have another forum member's picture...nice bike!!:D Susan.

beeboy 19 Jan 2004 01:04 PM

Gee thanks.

Killer 19 Jan 2004 02:43 PM

Re: new photo!

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormcrow
hows everyone doing?

I thought that since I am about to move houses, and won't have internet access for a while, that I would update my photo!! Anyway I will send in the new photo shortly! (press 'refresh' on the browser if the old photo is still there)

cheers!

dan :)

If the old photo is still there it probably means the old photo is the prefered photo. :D

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 02:59 PM

Hey Dan,I just checked and the photo hasn't changed...maybe it's just me...:rolleyes: I pressed refresh and it still didn't change...you are beside me right now:D Susan.(until some more photos come probably!

Killer 19 Jan 2004 04:37 PM

Re: Re: new photo!

Quote:

Originally posted by Killer
If the old photo is still there it probably means the old photo is the prefered photo. :D
Probably it is true? :eek:

19 Jan 2004 07:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: new photo!

Quote:

Originally posted by Killer
Probably it is true? :eek:
maybe you are right....?

I think I will stay with one of the older photos I have had on the photo page :)

The other photo's are on my webpage (click on the www link in my profile) I will update my website with new photos tomorrow (since I only have my internet for a few more days, I may as well update everything as best I can)
dan

Killer 19 Jan 2004 08:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: new photo!

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormcrow
maybe you are right....?

I have always prefer left, but perhaps I am right. :D

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 08:52 PM

Are you left-handed Killer....I am missing the reference here:rolleyes: :confused: Susan.

Killer 19 Jan 2004 08:59 PM

Haha... I always use the strange English to joke at the teachers in my school. The right Stormcrow refers to right/wrong while I twist the meanings to right/left.... I could laugh heartily over it but strangely the teachers don't find it funny.... :confused:

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 09:01 PM

Okay Killer,it is a cute joke now that you have explained it,but I didn't get what you meant before that!Thanks for clarifying it for me.:D Susan.

Killer 19 Jan 2004 09:08 PM

Perhaps only those not so well in English might get the funny part? :p

SusanUKF 19 Jan 2004 09:37 PM

Perhaps,Killer.But it is funny once you explain;) Susan.

dragon1 20 Jan 2004 05:15 AM

Re: hadaso's comments regarding having a picture in your mind of how someone looks like...I pictured beeboy as a teenager or younger. :D

I think it's the "boy" part in his name that threw me off.

Can we get more of the email providers posting their pics, too? Like, I'd like to see "btn" since he/she is in my neck of the woods.

SusanUKF 20 Jan 2004 05:20 AM

I thought that by the name as well dragon1 but reading his profile you can tell he's not a teenager.I often read people's profiles if they are someone I end up messaging with back and forth quite often.Am I the only nosy one around here??:rolleyes: ;) Susan.

SusanUKF 20 Jan 2004 06:23 AM

I remember when I first figured out that,it was when we were talking about relationships on the net,and he mentionned he had a daughter who was late teens or something...that's when I knew he wasn't a teenager himself!Sometimes names people use are very deceiving.Sometimes one gets an impression a certain person is one gender only to find out they are another.On another board I was on I thought someone was a woman and said she and HE responded saying with his beard he was a funny looking lady--I apologized and he wasn't angry anyway--but in retrospect it was funny.That's another neat thing about the photo page,it doesn't leave anyone guessing..:rolleyes: :D Susan.

dragon1 20 Jan 2004 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SusanUKF
I thought that by the name as well dragon1 but reading his profile you can tell he's not a teenager.I often read people's profiles if they are someone I end up messaging with back and forth quite often.Am I the only nosy one around here??:rolleyes: ;) Susan.
Ah, one person's nosiness is another person's curiosity. :)

I forget those buttons are down there with our posts.

BTW, congrats Susan on becoming a Cornerstone! Limestone or marble?

SusanUKF 20 Jan 2004 10:39 AM

I think Marble is nicer.Thankyou,:D Susan.

Killer 20 Jan 2004 10:41 AM

Are marbles those colorful small balls?

SusanUKF 20 Jan 2004 11:12 AM

The marble dragon1 was referring to is a hard,pretty stone and can be used as a tombstone(to put at the head of a person's grave)they come in different colours as well,black,white and some other variations.

Marbles are those colourful small balls,yes! Children play games with them.

:D Susan.