EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   About this site... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EMD Photo Page (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=13488)

JeffK 4 Jul 2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Killer
Are we refering to inner or outer here? :confused:
I love the Ben Harper lyric "She wore diamonds on the inside".

Jeff

DBH 8 Jul 2004 01:09 AM

**NEW PHOTO**

Welcome, darrylb, to the Photo Page! Thanks for the pic! :D

Dave

mammaduck 8 Jul 2004 01:52 AM

Re: **NEW PHOTO**

Quote:

Originally posted by DBH

Dave

Always nice to see new pictures on the page :)

And Dave, this time you managed to add a new picture and leave the other member pictures alone. Well done :D

Hanneke

darrylb 8 Jul 2004 04:18 AM

Re: **NEW PHOTO**

Quote:

Originally posted by DBH

Thank YOU, especially for putting the photo up twice! (I THINK: I didn't know what size he was looking at, and when he resized it, it came out a bit blurred and distorted; this one looks better, as I shrunk it, so I think he redid it. If not, I'm losing my mind then :D )

Actually, I'll eventually give a link to this photo when it's article that I wrote up (that it belongs to ;) ) goes up, since it was from a gaming expo I went to last month. So you'll be able to see the details better, as the original photo's bigger and uncropped. (And for any Doom fans, yes, that's a Doom shirt I've got on!)

DBH 8 Jul 2004 04:33 AM

Hey Darryl! I posted your resized pic. I don't know why it turns out fuzzy when I resize pics. Maybe it's Paint Shop Pro?

Dave

mammaduck 8 Jul 2004 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DBH
Hey Darryl! I posted your resized pic. I don't know why it turns out fuzzy when I resize pics. Maybe it's Paint Shop Pro?

Dave

Dave, why don't you try Irfanview for resizing pictures.. works great when I use it and often a lot better dan Paint Shop Pro :)

Hanneke

darrylb 8 Jul 2004 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DBH

Dunno, never used that one before :p Is that what you use?

No, I think ALL photo programs do that; when photos have to be resized a bit, they tend to distort...what I did was download the photo that you did to get the dimensions, then downsized the second photo as close as I could to the original (the height matched exactly, but not the width...or was that the other way around? :p), since you can't do both height and width, they're on the same deal that you check off what you want to change. So I did that and hit Sharpen, and it worked.

Oh, and by the way, don't worry, I won't keep on redoing the photo, the last batch of photos I had taken of myself were in 1991, and even though I've aged over 10 years since then, I still look pretty much the same! (Well, except for growing that bar that connects the sides of my moustache, plus most of it's turned gray [which you can't tell by the photo].)

To mammaduck: holy crap, that's the program I was talking about...IrfanView!! That's what I use(d) all the time!

BTW, you look a bit like Julia Roberts in your photo, although with shorter hair.

Killer 8 Jul 2004 09:47 AM

Re: Re: **NEW PHOTO**

Quote:

Originally posted by mammaduck
Always nice to see new pictures on the page :)

And Dave, this time you managed to add a new picture and leave the other member pictures alone. Well done :D

Hanneke

What did he did to the other members last time? ;)

SusanUKF 8 Jul 2004 09:48 AM

Some people disappeared for a while by accident Killer, read back a few pages and you will see!!

:D Susan.

Killer 8 Jul 2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SusanUKF
Some people disappeared for a while by accident Killer, read back a few pages and you will see!!

Oh I see. This thread is so long I didn't keep up.... :rolleyes:

Adrian Bell 13 Jul 2004 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DBH

Dave

Have you tried "Resampling" instead of "Resizing"? You may get better results.

robert@fm 13 Jul 2004 05:34 AM

I agree with Adrian.  To my mind "resize" is generally best used to resolve problems such as screen-shots from some 8-bit machine emulators, where to properly emulate the much lower resolution of the oriiginal computer, pixels are doubled (or perhaps tripled).  Resize (which simply drops surplus pixels) resolves this without aliasing, since the dropped pixels are the same colour as the adjacent retained ones.

Where adjacent pixels are not necessarily the same colour, "resample" is usually the better option, since it averages adjacent pixels and thus anti-aliases the new image.

darrylb 13 Jul 2004 06:20 AM

Resize/resample is the same on Irfanview, or at least the version I use (they've got a newer version now). And it cleared up the pic decently, so same difference. :D

ankupan 19 Jul 2004 08:13 PM

hi,
I sent my pict. on Haller AT mm DOT st
and waiting for uploading :eek:

SusanUKF 19 Jul 2004 08:21 PM

That is great ankupan, it will be nice being able to put a face to the name!! I am sure Dave will get it up there in no time!