EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Font Size (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78821)

sheprd 21 Sep 2021 04:58 AM

Font Size

Does Fastmail have a default font size ? Thanks

hans2010 23 Sep 2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheprd (Post 622518)
Does Fastmail have a default font size ? Thanks

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is "yes".

Is there some issue?

sheprd 24 Sep 2021 12:02 AM

Thanks hans 2010 i appreciate your help

hans2010 24 Sep 2021 08:36 AM

No prob. Just to add...

Your FastMail "Settings" page has a setting called "Text Size", which defaults to what they call "Standard". So I take it that FastMail's default font size, whatever it is, is what you get with this default setting.

Aside from that, if you click on "Show advanced preferences", there's another setting, "UI Font", which has choices "System font" (which appears to be the default, and further depends on the settings in your OS) and "Proxima Nova".

A few peculiarities...

For unknown reasons, the FastMail "Settings" page offers more "Text Size" choices if you're using Google Chrome than if you're using Mozilla Firefox.

Also for unknown reasons, the "Text Size" setting is stored on the browser side, not the server side. That means if you aren't retaining cookies, or you sometimes use a different device (like a public computer), you'll have to re-select the "Text Size" in future sessions (if you don't want the default).

Also, just recently I'm seeing a font problem that I believe to be caused by Firefox version 92 on Windows. My usual settings in FastMail are "UI Font" = "System font" and "Text Size" = "Large". Now, the font just looks weird, and is excessively compressed horizontally, and therefore harder to read. The workaround is to either set "Proxima Nova" in the FastMail settings, or set "layout.css.system_ui.enabled" to "false" in the Firefox about:config.

campellob 29 Sep 2021 03:30 PM

For unknown reasons, FastMail's Settings page offers more "Text Size" options if you're using Google Chrome than if you're using Mozilla Firefox. The "Text Size" option is saved on the browser side, not on the server-side. This means that if you don't keep cookies or sometimes use a different device (such as a public computer), you'll have to reselect "Text Size" in future sessions (unless you want to use the default). I use a font from upfonts.com since I really liked watching the storied toy as a kid.

hans2010 30 Sep 2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanhodg (Post 622584)
Hi, tell me, did you manage to customize the fonts?

I was able to do what I specified in my earlier message. It works for my purposes.

Was there any particular thing in my earlier message that didn't work for you? If so, which thing was it, and what did you see on the screen that was different from what I said I saw?

FredOnline 30 Sep 2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hans2010 (Post 622643)
I was able to do what I specified in my earlier message. It works for my purposes.

Was there any particular thing in my earlier message that didn't work for you? If so, which thing was it, and what did you see on the screen that was different from what I said I saw?

I suspect the post was only for spamming purposes, and I've asked the mods to check it out.