EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   inbox.eu and inbox.lv user experience and review (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=76058)

uckinbox 7 Jul 2021 10:47 PM

Somone who keeps your personal datas is a robber.
About the cloud, I don't know. I have never used it personally.

I have just recovered my email account 1 hour sooner after I wrote to them I will report them to some official body in order to complain about them. A coincidence ?? :D:D:eek::eek::p:p;);)

uckinbox 7 Jul 2021 11:44 PM

The 'cloud' is called FILES

alexu2007 7 Jul 2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uckinbox (Post 621794)
Somone who keeps your personal datas is a robber.
About the cloud, I don't know. I have never used it personally.

I have just recovered my email account 1 hour sooner after I wrote to them I will report them to some official body in order to complain about them. A coincidence ?? :D:D:eek::eek::p:p;);)

You had an agreement to store your data on inbox servers. This is not robbery. You also failed to tell me which european laws they acted against.

They better ask no questions and give access to your account to every person that ask for it and impersonate you, right?

uckinbox 8 Jul 2021 12:08 AM

facebook (or twitter?) sends you back your datas (zipped? I don't remember) if you ask.
Twitter has to delete all of your datas when you ask them.
They do NOT keep personal datas.
It is european laws.

inbox.lv does not do it. They keep them. I saw them now that I can access my account.

If they are really honest why they gave me back my account after I told them I will report them?? Are they afraid to be reported? I let decide yourself what is the correct answer.

alexu2007 8 Jul 2021 12:51 AM

Facebook, twitter, give your data if you ask. For that you have to be logged into your account. You were not authenticated, you were unable to access your mailbox.

And you contacted inbox.lv to try to restore access to your mailbox even if the recovery email address was not working.

It is standard procedure for every service provider (bank, mobile phone company, hosting provider, etc) to try to authenticate the user somehow. They have to be sure that the person they are talking with is really the account owner. And because you failed to authenticate using the log in or recovery email address, the only way they could tell that you are indeed the account owner is to ask you some questions that only the account holder could know the answer. That's why they asked you those questions.

They also ask you for your ssid. In this kind of situations, these companies need to have your ssid so in case you are not the account holder and you somehow know the answer to those questions, they have a starting point from where they could pursue legal action against the person who wrongfully got acces to someone else account.

You will encounter the same procedure when you will want to recover a lost prepayed sim card from your mobile phone company, or when you phone to your bank and ask to make some important changes to your bank account.

In this case, the fact that inbox.lv gave you such hard time doing an alternate authentication is in fact something good. And you should be thankfull because if someone else contact inbox.lv and try to get access to your account this person does not know the answer to the questions asked by inbox.lv

Regarding keeping the personal info: twitter, facebook, keeps your personal info until you close your account and ask for data to be deleted. You can download the data anytime you want but the data will remain on facebook and twitter until you close your account and ask for this data to be deleted.

For inbox.lv the procedure for data to be deleted is this:

Quote:

5. Procedure for deleting and renewing personal information
Users’ personal data can be deleted in the following cases:

5.1. The user has the right to delete their own personal data by deleting their profile in the “User Profile” section; access to the profile will be blocked and information about the user will be deleted from the INBOX servers within one year.

5.2. Based on the INBOX portal conditions for use, INBOX can delete a user’s personal data by deleting the profile, after which point information about the user will be deleted from the INBOX servers within one year.

The waiting period mentioned above is necessary to prevent unsanctioned actions from third parties using a user’s login details.

During the period mentioned above in points 5.1 and 5.2 in which data will be saved, the user has the right to renew their user profile in person at the INBOX office by identifying themselves as the profile owner. Renewal of personal data takes place no later than two days after the request has been received.

During the period mentioned above in points 5.1 and 5.2 in which data will be saved, the user has the right to delete their user profile in person at the INBOX office by identifying themselves as the profile owner. Deletion of personal data takes place no later than two days after the request has been received.
Have you followed this procedure and inbox.lv failed to delete your data?

uckinbox 8 Jul 2021 02:01 AM

The question is not about deleting datas but KEEPING them without our consent.
Anyway, it's not the purpose which is blocking accounts without reason. I'm still waiting for them to tell me why.

alexu2007 8 Jul 2021 04:53 AM

You gave your consent when you signed up for the account. If you retract your consent you have to follow the mentioned procedure in order to get your data deleted.