View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2021, 04:05 AM   #15
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
One can donate. I have more than once over the past couple decades. I use the KeeTheme plug-in as well, for exactly the reasons you do. I was recently looking out of curiosity at another package called passbolt. I stopped research and lost any interest when I discovered that the 'free' version does not have a 'dark mode' theme but the paid version does.

I think the UI is browser based, so modifying the display wouldn't be trouble for me, but then my morals kicked in and I made another donation (first one this year!) to Dominick and I will continue to use his KeePass program.

- Bruce
Yeah I don't have enough money to donate right now, but I hope to do so again very soon. It's one of my most important apps.

I'm a loudmouth when it comes to dark mode. If an app won't implement dark mode in the free version, I stop trying it immediately, and I let the dev know why, very openly and loudly! I'm not the only one who has eye issues, and dark mode is a necessity, not a "cool option luxury". I actually was the one who was the big mouth who mentioned on their forum about needing a dark theme for KeePass. The dev of KeeTheme told me much later that my post was why he developed it. It's really important to know that not everyone can tolerate a glaring white background. If they care, they'll do something about it. KeePass folks cared abut my eyes and yours, so I tout it as much as possible.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote