View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2012, 05:11 PM   #14
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Let be clear, my argument is governments should not be mandating set belt use. They can do what they can to convince folks it is smart to wear one, but to make it a law is beyond what governments should be doing. I have nothing against wearing a seat belt. I wear one because 1) I have to, it's the law; 2) I have been conditioned by many years of seat belt use that it is uncomfortable to drive without one; and 3) I have been convinced from personal experience and propaganda that seat belts put the percentage of walking away from an accident in my favor. So the studies say.

Quote:
Every SECOND people spend putting on a seat belt, saves, on average, a MINUTE of their lives.
This is just plain silly. Really every second it takes for me to buckle save a minute of my life? Nonsense.

Quote:
OK, so it's now firmly established that the ONLY categorization or characterization I made of you was correct.
Which is why I did not answer your questions, you have already made up your mind.

Quote:
Chris: You're clearly one of the ~80% of people who,when polled, say they're much better drivers than average driver. The key question is whether you're one of the approximately 45% of that 80% that mis-judge their skill. (It's over 38%, and less than 50%, unless people's self-evaluation skills are worse than random guessing.)
Of course no matter what I say, you more than likely will put me in the "mis-judge their skill" category. That said, my driving record speaks for it self. Of course you are going to have to take my word on that.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote