View Single Post
Old 22 May 2021, 09:37 PM   #72
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

The developer friends I've chatted with about this (and I am surprised how many knew about it), pretty much agreed on three things - first, while no developer is "indispensable," there's still no way Hey can recover soon from the institutional knowledge that has been lost from that many people leaving at once. Second, onboarding that many qualified people and getting them to be truly productive with the complexity of code that is involved could take 6+ months (one person told me over a year). And third, there are serious unresolved management issues that will likely take a long time to fix. Who knows, maybe DHH is a miracle worker and they'll be at full speed again in a couple of months?

I do like several of the cool ideas that Hey represented, but I'm over it, but also glad I tried it. Hey gave me more appreciation for my "old" worlkflow that just needed to be tweaked a little. It's amazing what you can do with a good set of filters.

Again, best of luck for those that stay, curious what you will think in the months ahead, so please keep posting.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote