View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2021, 10:16 PM   #50
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
In short: the workflow. Although the interface still has some rough edges, they have filled this in well.
Agreed about the workflow -- for me, I know for one of my businesses, it will be very helpful, maybe a game changer once I dive in, especially the features for subject management and thread grouping, notes embedded in a thread (very helpful for some chatty clients and collaborators where we have multiple streams of contact -- email, phone, text, social media, basecamp, meetings, zoom -- that I want to consolidate info/notes in one thread/place!), attachment management, clips, etc... very good features in there that are well executed and well integrated, that I think will just get better with time.

For other email, I need way more granular and technical control over filters, aliases and forwarding, external email apps and access, better jurisdiction and related issues, etc., so I don't know if I'll ever migrate those other domains, but definitely at least one business with a lot of client interaction will hopefully benefit tremendously. So I'm pretty excited actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
I’m not opting voor Hey for Work, but waiting for domain support for personal accounts. It seems that they implement a send-as solution first like Gmail has. See quote.

David Heinemeier Hansson, CTO Basecamp & Hey:
I missed that tweet, thanks for that update -- and at least now other comments I saw on Reddit make more sense about the "send as" vs full domain support coming up. I don't so much mind the "send as" approach for domains for now, at least transitionally, but the extra project/collection and team stuff in Hey for Work look really good to me, so I think I'm stuck holding out for my Hey for Work invite, which is taking a long time... I was pretty quick on submitting my request for that, but I guess they have many folks ahead of me.

The thing that bugs me the most right now about Hey.com is the jurisdiction, but then again, the domain(s) that I am planning on moving over don't meet the threshold where I absolutely want or need a better jurisdiction. It's just unfortunate that jurisdiction even needs to be a consideration for some situations... but that's a totally separate topic.

I have no problem on the pricing, considering how much I already spend on other services to streamline client interactions, and I have no problem with how "new" Hey.com is, considering I'm a long-time customer of Basecamp, and I'm comfortable with them as a company. I am also impressed with their support, as I had some stellar interactions with them during my testing. I just want my invite.

Anyway, please keep us posted with your adventure with Hey.com, I'll be on board soon when I get my invite.

Last edited by ioneja : 2 Jan 2021 at 10:23 PM.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote