View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2022, 07:38 PM   #9
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

WebDAV access to FM's file storage is not exactly comparable to GDrive or OneDrive or DropBox. It does not provide synchronization with a local drive. Only something that looks like a network drive. Access through WebDAV does provide a way to navigate the folder tree that's more convenient than the web application, but it works only where one can use it. I used to be able to do it from work (where I was not able to use Drobbox or GDrive). Nowadays I can only use a browser to access FastMail files from work (the same for Dropbox, Google Drive etc.).

I don't think that FastMail should aim to provide an alternative to GDrive/DropBox etc. They should improve the usability of the File storage feature and it's integration with email. That can be a selling pint for them.

As they already have some kind of integration with DropBox (attaching files from DropBox and saving attachments to DropBox), they can probably add some integration of the file storage with DropBox (such as being able to copy file or folders between the file storage and DropBox, or perhaps syncing a folder in FM's storage with a folder in DropBox).

There's plenty of unused potential in the file storage service.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote