View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:28 AM   #27
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
"Don't mean to sound overly critical" but you're going to question my integrity, knowledge, and then tell me that's why you don't want to be my customer. It's not a cop-out when you're working with a company run by someone else who makes the decision to move to Office 365. I'm not paying Fastmail for an account just to put together a white paper on the subject, and that you'd expect from me to either do that, be silent about what I know, or accept an accusation of lacking integrity calls into question your own.

That's fine if you don't want to be my customer. If that were my motive, a forum with 2 people logged in would be a really bad time investment. It's not valuable to gain a customer who would interpret everything through such a hostile perspective. I'm allowed to be a human who shares experiences. You're allowed to be rude about it in response, but that's on you.
When you're an email hosting provider (as you are, of MXRoute.com), one would hope you'd have a different standard than dropping a drive-by on a competitor (in this case Fastmail), and then volunteering to be a cheerleader (I'm quoting you) for other people to follow up on your pejorative statements of said competitor, and then conveniently be offended by someone calling you out on it as you simply "share experiences" as a human. As an email provider in this email forum, where people take you very seriously, if you accuse a fellow email provider of having a "huge problem" (I'm quoting you again), you need to back it up, follow through, and/or take some sort of ownership of it, or withdraw it. Not fling negatives at your competitor, walk away, then get offended at someone pointing that out, and then play the "sharing experiences" card. I think that says more about you. In any case, I do wish you the best, and I'm happy if you have the last word on this so this thread can get back to the OP. And apologies to the OP for pointing out what I think is an unprofessional post by a hosting provider and distracting from the thread.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote