View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2021, 12:22 PM   #28
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
When you're an email hosting provider (as you are, of MXRoute.com), one would hope you'd have a different standard than dropping a drive-by on a competitor (in this case Fastmail), and then volunteering to be a cheerleader (I'm quoting you) for other people to follow up on your pejorative statements of said competitor, and then conveniently be offended by someone calling you out on it as you simply "share experiences" as a human. As an email provider in this email forum, where people take you very seriously, if you accuse a fellow email provider of having a "huge problem" (I'm quoting you again), you need to back it up, follow through, and/or take some sort of ownership of it, or withdraw it. Not fling negatives at your competitor, walk away, then get offended at someone pointing that out, and then play the "sharing experiences" card. I think that says more about you. In any case, I do wish you the best, and I'm happy if you have the last word on this so this thread can get back to the OP. And apologies to the OP for pointing out what I think is an unprofessional post by a hosting provider and distracting from the thread.
Yeah let's go ahead and call it what it is: You wish that I'd shut up, and you're going to try to spin my lack of compliance as me being corrupt to the core. That you'd accuse me of sharing my experience for evil motives sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

Despite how inconceivable it might be to you that I'd speak as a relatively recent customer that had a bad experience and nothing more, it remains the fact. Accuse me of otherwise if you wish, but you'll have to equally accuse me of having horrible standards for marketing. Two pages into a thread on a forum with 2 people logged in, that's where I'd choose to plant the seed of my evil plan to take down the big mail provider and drive sales to mine? Frankly, the indirect accusation that I'd be that unintelligent from a marketing perspective is actually more hurtful than the direct accusation that I'd be driven by evil intent. The least I could do is make a fake account on Reddit and spread it there, would be much more effective and then you wouldn't have the ammo to attack me on a personal level. All while you sit nicely behind your anonymous account so people can't try to hold you to the same standards. Convenient.

At least I understand why people see someone register an LLC and then instantly assume everything they do is driven by maximizing profit at the expense of everything and everyone else. Far too often that is the experience that people have with companies. But what they don't see is that they're the ones driving it. You want representatives of a company to act like humans, treat you like a human, get angry when they give you canned responses without a second glance, and then you want them to hide behind a PR firm and never actually speak out in public like a human. Then you get a big uncaring faceless corporation a few years later and wonder where they went wrong. Surprise: it was when they removed the humanity from their work and started hiding behind lawyers and PR firms.

As a competitor of mine who clearly has something to gain from painting me as unprofessional, I firmly reject the notion that you are the authority who dictates that. I assume you're a competitor, right? You know a lot about Fastmail, you got defensive really quick and jumped up to attack my credibility. Your entire post history since 2011 is about Fastmail. You can't imagine someone saying anything negative about someone else without financial motive. So by your logic, it's safe to assume that you work for Fastmail and stand to gain from attacking the little guy for being honest. Maybe your time would be better spent fixing the feedback loop system. I've given you what you need to run with it, how awesome would it be if you dropped in and said "That's a really great point, we've fixed that based on your report!" Now that's marketing. A bit late now though, since showing your hand at your relationship would subject you to intensely negative feelings. Perhaps a good note for your next identity though.

Apologies to the OP for having to defend my integrity in a thread that has no business being about my integrity. The hostility I've been met with at EmailDiscussions is noteworthy, but I wish they'd keep it to the thread about my company or message me instead of attacking me every time I dare to open my mouth in their domain. When your goal is to be an unstoppable force in wrecking the pricing models of the industry, it's easy to see why people with something to lose get hostile. I replied to share facts from a recent experience, nothing more. I'm not in this thread to gain a customer. Frankly, I don't need to be.

Last edited by jarland : 1 Jan 2021 at 12:48 PM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote