View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2021, 03:10 AM   #71
hydrostarr

Question Revisiting Tuffmail-shutdown stuff on Oct 25: 3 questions

Checking in on Tuffmail-shutting-down situation, 3 questions:

1. Is there any "real" chance that a qualified someone (or some team) takes over (from John Capo) such that Tuffmail can continue running beyond Jan 1, 2022 (in about 2 months)?

This was discussed earlier in this thread, with no apparent feasibility for a new Tuffmail manager to take control... but I'm double-checking to see if I can avoid all the work below.

2. Assuming the answer to #1 (above) is "no": should I discuss the following effort here, in this thread, or start a new EmailDiscussions.com thread (similar to what was done in this "Mx records vs forwarding" thread) and link to it here, in this thread?

I want to perform a more-detailed assessment of feature loss or gain when moving (my email services, at least) from Tuffmail to other email-service options (like Fastmail, Runbox, Rollernet, MXroute, my own email server, or others). I might be focusing on what I'm initially calling the "filters + forwarding + folders (fff)" feature set... which I can detail more later. I want to do this as much for me to _understand_ all the features I'm currently using in Tuffmail as to do the feature comparison between email-service options. I can see using some external document like a Google Sheet to define, detail, and overview this stuff, but I'm not yet certain.

I am fairly-strongly leaning towards starting a new thread for this detailed feature definition and comparison, as I suspect such an effort deserves it's own, focused thread.

A potentially key note: monetary cost differences/savings is -not- (or at least, not yet) a significant issue for me (it seems to be a bigger point, often the primary issue, for many others). Understanding what capabilities/features I'm losing or gaining when moving off of Tuffmail, regardless of cost, is the key point.

3. Are there any other online-community-discussion places beyond EmailDiscussions.com better suited for this discussion (like a subreddit)?

I want to make sure I'm privvy to all the more-effective community resources.

Last edited by hydrostarr : 26 Oct 2021 at 04:37 AM.
hydrostarr is offline   Reply With Quote