View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2013, 12:01 AM   #13
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2000 View Post
PS. And about Bluehost. They used to be good. That's why I signed up with them, but now their tech support is horrible. I don't know what happened? Change in management? Different owner? All I know is that I had a very bad experience with them recently. Plus evidently they rent their servers to whoever can pay their bill. So the servers are full of spammers, and god-knows-who-else. I checked (my own) site logs and the database is down on a regular basis. So the bottom line, I'm looking for a new web hosting provider.
You're very close. To shed a little light on things, BlueHost, as well as HostGator, iPage and several other sizeable webhosts (many of which populate the "Top 10 Webhosts" affiliate payout sites), are all owned by a conglomerate known as Endurance International Group (EIG), evidently considered by many to be a plague in the hosting world. Widespread reports (many documented at WebHostingTalk) detail EIG taking over companies and within a timeframe of literally days to months from takeover, service and support declining rapidly, as personnel are outsourced overseas and overheads are slashed, purportedly for the streamlining of margins and realignment of the business model to fit the new exit strategy.

In your search for a new provider, it would be my strong suggestion to head over to WHT and counsel the veterans there for referrals based on your needs. Chances are, you'd stand a better chance of being satisfied with your next hosting purchase by doing that than if you simply proceeded to follow the links of any one of the many as-before-mentioned "Top Hosts" sites out there.

Best of luck moving forward!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote