Thread: EMD Photo Page
View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2021, 04:45 AM   #548
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterdeus View Post
That's amazing! Congrats!
Meanwhile, I've gone in the opposite direction.
I retired two years ago (my employer of 32 years gave me a departure deal I could not refuse). Shortly after I retired, the pandemic threw a wrench into my retirement activity plans. I was obese and again gaining weight. My doctor convinced me that the problem wasn’t going away on it’s own and that I had to take significant actions to lose weight. I slowly lost weight for a few months, but I’m an analytical guy (electrical engineer) and didn’t have a good grasp on the actual calories in each meal and how many I needed to eat in a day. In February I found a great iOS app (Lose It!) which lets you look up nutrition in common foods and chain restaurant foods or scan bar codes on foods from grocery stores. You can track your daily calories and your weight and blood pressure. That was what it took for me to get serious about calorie counting, and I have been losing an average of 1.6 pounds a week over the past 8 months by limiting my calories to 1500 per day. My blood pressure is down in the normal range as the result of my weight loss.

Getting back to the subject of this thread: I’m building a new house now (after demolishing my old house two months ago) and I’m hoping that after all the delays it will be complete around March of 2022, when I should get down to my target weight. I will take a nice photo of myself in my new house at my new weight then and post it here.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote