Thread: Forwarding
View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2020, 07:09 AM   #7
Beebes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
Why does it have to be specifically from them? If you think it has something to do with email from another email services then simply set up a free account on any other email service (e.g., gmail) yourself for testing this problem.
I have several email accounts with different services, and I used them to test Fastmail forwarding before I made my first post here. All email from my own accounts to Fastmail was forwarded as I expected. None of the email I have received in Fastmail from the businesses for which I set up my Fastmail aliases has been forwarded. There may be variables I don’t understand, but it seems that using my own email accounts to test Fastmail forwarding has limited value.

I understand from your post that my Fastmail settings may not be correct.

I was not aware there are “old” and “new” ways of creating rules. I’ve had my Fastmail account for only a few days, and it seems what I'm trying to do is more complicated that I expected. To create my forwarding rule, I selected “Filters & Rules” from the Settings menu, then clicked Create Rule and followed the prompts. I neglected to click on “Switch to no-preview rules (regular expressions supported)”. I’ll fix that oversight, and I’ll post again when I have more results.

Thanks for your help.
Beebes is offline   Reply With Quote