View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2003, 03:32 AM   #10
XB77
Essential Contributor

Hear's my $5 toward project X

Prog--
I agree and I probably shouldn't even have mentioned that as it might (theoretically) make some folks not bother airing their suggestions. I guess it is implicit (or should be) that anyone suggesting another feature knows that there is already a large coding queue.

Obviously it is up to J&R to set the priorities, but I wonder if some sort of bidding system where people could "contribute" to certain projects or feature suggestions would be useful (in addition to the two cents typically offered in this forum and at the Wiki). I've noticed a couple of times posters writing that they would be willing to pay extra for this or that. Predicates would be 1) agreement on the details of the thing to some extent; 2) obviously J&R's acceptance; 3) some sort of agreement that contributors do so without guarantee of any return on their investment. Despite this forum and their openness, this ain't no Co-op, afterall. This really would give a good measure of market interest in various of the multitude of suggestions.
XB77 is offline   Reply With Quote