View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2021, 09:53 AM   #61
donlibes

Tuffmail subscriber since 2007. I had family members using it, too, that I'm responsible for so I kept that in mind when hunting for a replacement.

Despite the uninspiring name, I decided to go with Runbox which offered what we needed and is less expensive than what I was paying Tuffmail. Runbox gave us a lot more space and had one other nice feature I've always wanted: "+" addresses.

Another compelling feature for choosing Runbox: Very good documentation - starting with the steps needed to move accounts and actual emails. After my last brutal experience (admittedly, years ago) trying to move large email archives from one service to another, I liked seeing this mentioned right on the home page.

We've been using Runbox for a few weeks and have no complaints. Support has been responsive to my questions.

My last email to John Capo:
Quote:
Thanks for the individual support over the years. I know email support is harder than everyone thinks (including me) and no doubt your customers were more demanding than most. Hope you've been able to save enough to retire or for whatever the next chapter in your life is. If you have the time, think about writing a book about what it's like to run an email service, especially one as unique as yours in a such a competitive and everchanging landscape. Books may not make much money but it could be revelatory to many. I'd sure love to hear things from your perspective.

PS: Thanks for the long lead time for finding another provider and the recommendations. You are very helpful, as always.
donlibes is offline   Reply With Quote