Thread: New Interface
View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2010, 12:21 AM   #4
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimess View Post
So I stay with what I'm used to, what has worked for me, and what I like. I like changing the styles, or at least having some kind of option other than some basic standard and "concise." One reason I PAY for this email is cause I like having that kind of flexibility of changing the look, without having to take a crash course on style sheets.
I must admit myself that I could have easily been persuaded to stick with the old interface if (for one thing) I could modify the columns in the message list. The message list appearance is too "busy" for my taste (flag, attachment, etc.) I like it in the new interface. Cleaner, crisper and in a more intuitive order ("from" and "subject first, then size). I'm getting used to and liking the new interface.

Now, there are some old interface styles that I'd like to see adapted for the new but I'm way too incompetent about such things to do something like that from scratch. Fortunately, though, with the help of the folks here at EMD -- answering some of my questions and mostly my reading their help given in response to others' questions -- I was able to work my way through getting the files (custom_ui, CSS, JS, tweaks) set up and putting some nice CSS & JS tweaks in there.

But I agree. It would be nice if it wouldn't be so "do-it-yourself." In fact, if this CSS self-service approach is going to continue for some time, it would be nice if FM could simply put all the folders (custom_ui, CSS, etc.) in all FM accounts to begin with, rather than having each and every FM user -- many of whom consider it too intimidating and/or tedious to do such things -- create these file folders for themselves.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote