View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2020, 04:33 AM   #1
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

inbox.eu and inbox.lv user experience and review

Today I signed up for an business account at inbox.eu. The company behind inbox.eu is the same that run inbox.lv since 1998. It is based in Latvia, Eastern Europe, a country that is part of European Union, it has a solid economy and adopted the euro currency 10 years ago.

Regarding the privacy and security of coimmunications in Latvia: https://eng.lsm.lv/article/society/s...rules.a125896/

Latvia 2018 human rights report: https://www.state.gov/wp-content/upl...HTS-REPORT.pdf

The company behind inbox.eu claim that they offer:

Quote:
Live backup to protect against loss of content
Run on more than 300 heavy-duty servers in a bullet-proof bunker
Experienced service provider since 1998
Trusted by millions of users around the world
Message encryption
SSL protocol
Favourable Latvian jurisdiction
Protection against government or corporate intervention
Customisable email rules
I set up a business account, this way I can use my own domain. You have to setup the dns for your domain and then to buy as many mailboxes you need, for 9,99 euros / year. They don't offer DKIM, only SPF.

There is a 30 days free trial, but in this case you are limited to only 3 outgoing emails / day. But if you want to test the webmail you can also sign up for email.lv that gives you the same experience but only 20 Gb disk space.

Every mailbox come with maximum 5 aliases, 100 Gb disk space, webmail, IMAP/POP/SMTP and 2FA. For IMAP access you have to use a different password than the one that you use for webmail access. The disk space could also be used to store your files on their server, similar to Fastmail. You can't set up multiple personalities, you can't send emails from the alias addresses, only from the main account address.

The webmail is kind of old style, php with no ajax, for example you cannot drag the messages in folders and you have no preview pane. However is a thousand years ahead Runbox in terms of functionality and design.

They also have an Android app. It seems very basic, but it does the job.

I'll continue to update this thread with screenshots and more details in the next few days.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote