Thread: Cloud storage
View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2023, 07:37 PM   #27
TenFour
Master of the @

Warning, old thread revival!

To me one of the key features of cloud storage is automatic backup of photos and files while on the go, since I frequently spend weeks away from home and the ability to do manual backups. For whatever reasons, I find Google's free solutions work swiftly and reliably. I take lots of photos, and I have found nothing as fast and reliable as Google Photos. Yes, I do back them up manually, but it is great knowing that almost the minute I take a photo it is on its way to the backup in the cloud. Even from desktop, for some reason here in the USA Google Drive is vastly faster and more reliable than OneDrive for me. Any reasonably sized file is a nearly instant upload on Google, and I rarely encounter failures like I do with OneDrive. Again, I am on the consumer tier. I now subscribe to 100GB extra storage with Google 1 and I share it with three other family members. An interesting perk is that you gain actual customer service if you subscribe to Google 1. The other day I spent an hour online with Google chat trying to work out an account login problem.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote