View Single Post
Old 10 May 2021, 07:55 PM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

Slack/Email/Text?

A Harvard Business Review article pointing out the confusing and inefficient use of multiple communication systems, and what to do about it. https://hbr.org/2021/05/did-you-get-my-slack-email-text

I agree that the proliferation of multiple platforms is confusing, so places I've worked have generally found good old email works best for most things. Of course, one of its key advantages is that you can communicate with almost anyone anywhere in the world using email, and you also maintain a complete record of the conversation that is easily searched, stored, and organized. Personally, I have found internal chat systems almost useless for any business-related communications except for chit chat, time wasting, and an alert that someone has brought in a birthday cake. The phone can be critical when you need to cut through a lot of time-wasting back and forth. However, young workers are increasingly reluctant to pick up the phone and talk to the point I think it is hampering their performance at work.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote