View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2024, 12:02 AM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I know big corps like Google tend to reverse or change their policies all the time so we as the users are already used to this but when it comes to Proton, this is something new to me. And although I should never trust the term "forever" or "lifetime" nowadays, I still wonder, do you know about any of such email providers where they never terminate your account after many years of inactivity? Since some of you have been around 15-20 years in this forum and may have hundreds of free accounts, I guess you're the best person to provide any insight on this topic
IMHO you will not find any email provider that won't change policies from time to time, especially the small providers. At least with the big ones you are more likely to learn about the change in policy before it bites you! Why not just use Gmail or another biggy and put a reminder on your calendar to log in once in awhile, and maybe have a newsletter or something else sent to the account and then forwarded to your main account? Another thing you can do, at least with Gmail, is have a backup phone logged into that Gmail account. I keep at least one previous generation phone around as a backup in case something happens to my main phone, and I periodically take it out, charge it up, install updates, etc. I have thought through the recovery email thing and have gone the Gmail route as being the most reliable in the longterm.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote