Thread: New Interface
View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimess View Post
Is this related to Opera taking over? One reason I didn't take advantage of a really good three-year offer when I had the chance was cause I wanted to see what direction this was going to go. If you dump that old interface, I'd have to say you're going in a direction I'm not going to like.
Is what related to the Opera takeover, exactly? The new interface? You've seen yourself that work on the new interface goes back to 2008 or earlier. The Opera acquisition of Fastmail was in 2010. It hardly seems likely that they're related.

While I do agree that e-mail communications from Fastmail should be a little more frequent (I can't remember the last time I received an e-mail from FM, and I also have my level set to "chatty"), it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who ignores blog posts, forums, messages on the log-in page, etc., -- who is even aware of the presence of forum threads but "doesn't have the time to read them" -- and then complains that he wasn't kept informed.

If you want to participate and have a say in development, new features, changes, updates, etc., you have to meet halfway and make an effort to find out what's going on, and then make an effort to participate in the discussion. If you don't do that, it's a little unfair to show up several years after the changeover and complain that you had no input.

Or, as the previous poster said, just keep using and enjoying the old interface.

Paul
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote