EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Jun 2021, 11:30 AM   #16
emoore
Essential Contributor

I have a vivaldi.net account. I don't see any sign of them using Fastmail's Cyrus servers in the Received: headers. It looks like they're using Postfix servers.
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:13 AM   #17
astrodog73

They are going to need to offer some seriously killer features to prompt me to even think of switching browsers just for email....
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2021, 01:31 PM   #18
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by evfrson View Post
Tried Vivaldi browser yesterday but it seems their previous problems regarding high CPU usage are still apparent (on a Mac).
Thanks for saving me the trouble of trying it. That's a deal-breaker for me.

If anyone finds CPU usage is reasonable (e.g. on an M1 Mac with lots of tabs) please pipe up!

And thanks, Berenburger.
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2021, 09:11 PM   #19
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvey View Post
If anyone finds CPU usage is reasonable (e.g. on an M1 Mac with lots of tabs) please pipe up!
I suppose it depends on what you mean by lots of tabs, but I typically have ten or twelve tabs open on my M1 MacBook Pro, and Vivaldi's CPU usage is negligible. Usually it ranges from < 1 percent to around 4 percent. Checking mail can cause brief higher spikes, but I seldom notice them. The only time mail bogs down the whole operation is after installing a new version, when it reloads/reindexes everything.
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote