EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 2007, 04:06 PM   #181
drew
The "e" in e-mail

roderich, mailarge is different in that Ernie require participation in his forum for a week first. So it is not a service one just sign up to and get within a minute. Read about it in his forum.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 08:02 PM   #182
King Of Email
Cornerstone of the Community

Lightbulb Lebass.com

Lebass.com is a free b1gMail sponsored email service that states that it has 1GB of storage, 25MB attachments, spam/virus filters, access to any POP account, auto-reply, email forward, spell-check, address book import, search capabilities, calendar, multiple aliases, and more. On test, logins were easy, larger attachments uploaded fairly quickly, and inbox navigation was smooth. However, in my experience, b1gMail, a product of B1G.de, has a mixed record of success and should not be relied upon as your main email address. Lebass, unlike most other b1gMail accounts is predominantly in English. Compared to others, like Xemail.de also a B1G.de product, this one appears to work without a hitch. One note: I have found that keeping a b1gMail account often requires regular logins or lockouts may occur. The link is here:

http://www.lebass.com/free/index.php
Old 3 Mar 2007, 10:20 PM   #183
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Email View Post
[...]access to any POP account[...]
Quote:
Add POP3 Aliases
This feature is unfortunately not available at your package.
I haven't looked at all the other options/preferences yet.

Edit:
Quote:
FAQ
Unfortunately, up to the moment there are no FAQ.
Apparently it's too new for anyone to have asked any questions about it yet.

Last edited by xmailer : 3 Mar 2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 10:26 PM   #184
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Is it based on Hivemail?
Old 4 Mar 2007, 12:34 AM   #185
jrafter
Essential Contributor

Is Lebass.com webmail only, or does it provide POP / IMAP / SMTP access?
Old 4 Mar 2007, 05:34 PM   #186
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Lebass FAQ

1. How can I contact you?
You can contact us using the following info:

www.Lebass.com

PO BOX 540751

Dallas, TX 75354

That is their entire FAQ.

Is that an attitude to users to trust. Google find almost nothing on them. The fact that they don't even have a representative here could be an indication too. Or am I unfair?
Old 4 Mar 2007, 08:24 PM   #187
King Of Email

Lightbulb Fontcoberta.com, free email in the Valencian language

Fontcoberta.com is a free 100MB ad free email service in the Valencian language. I found this free service on an MSN stretch out search going almost 100 pages deep. Mailbox functionality seems to depend on what other email addresses to send to and receive from. For instance, sending to this mailbox via Outblaze, attachments didn't appear. However, using Everyone.net, they showed up no problem. Sending out from Fontcoberta, text and files arrived with no problem.

The appeal of this box is that it is in a easy on the eye green format and no ads or pop-ups (knock on wood). The only drawback besides massive gigabyte level storage and advanced features, is that it is in the Valencian language which seems to be an unusual mix of Spanish, French, and Italian. Unfortunately AltaVista's Babel Fish has no Valencian translation ability since only about 2 million people speak it, but registration is pretty self-explanatory while inbox navigation may take some practice. The service is offered as a means of spreading knowledge and use of this unique and endangered language. I think that's cool. Here's the link:

http://www.navico.net/cgi-bin/user/j...?t=fontcoberta
Old 5 Mar 2007, 10:30 PM   #188
King Of Email

Thumbs down B1G.de email services

I just saw Lebass listed again on a Google search for free email on the page 2 of sponsored links. I didn't see it yesterday. However, I tested it again and the messege sent to Lebass never arrived. Once again, the pattern of b1gMail boxes, emerges again. B1G.de mail products always look fresh, modern, and appear up to date. However operation either falls off or fails entirely. This must be the 12th B1G.de box I have had and either abandoned or lost. With this record of poor service, I'm not going to list them anymore.

B1G.de is beginning to remind me of BigMailbox's horrible operational record despite its web presence. I will never figure out why so many free email services list themselves as open for registration, remain up and online, but deliver terrible or non-existent service from the outset.

While "sussing" out Lebass I came across another brand new free email service, this one based on Socketmail called MyMetroMail.com also listed by Google under sponsored links. I signed up, used it, and waited for email which never arrived. Do I really need to try anymore? Deja vu, this is another in a long line of Socketmail based failures cranked out by Creative Digital Resources. They claim their programmers are the best in the industry. If so, I'd hate to see the worst. But just in case you are hankering for a headache, he's the link to that one:

http://www.mymetromail.com/mail/home/signup.php

Maybe the problem really lies with the quality of the services Google puts out as links sponsored or otherwise, and considering the competition to get listed on Google, I cannot see why so many flops make it and stay there. My conspiracy theory is that it only makes Gmail look all the better and that's why Google does it.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 12:57 AM   #189
Ernie@

Representative of:
Mailarge.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
roderich, mailarge is different in that Ernie require participation in his forum for a week first. So it is not a service one just sign up to and get within a minute. Read about it in his forum.
I am offering two different types of accounts! see details on site!

Ernie
Old 6 Mar 2007, 06:26 AM   #190
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
2. Free email account with only sign up.

a. spam protection only
b. 1 meg file attachment
c. no virus protection
d. limited benefits
e. 500 meg of storage
f. no support of any kind then except how to setup your account
Thanks Ernie. 500 Meg is generous. Only sign up so that second kind of account don't need particpation then?

Read more here
http://www.mailarge.com:280/forum_posts.asp?TID=21

How do you protect yourself from spammers if they don't have to show they are real serious users?

If i get it, you plan to put your email service on a commercial webhotel? Is it in the near future, have they told you when it happens?
Old 6 Mar 2007, 11:22 AM   #191
Ernie@

Representative of:
Mailarge.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Thanks Ernie. 500 Meg is generous. Only sign up so that second kind of account don't need participation then?

Read more here
http://www.mailarge.com:280/forum_posts.asp?TID=21

How do you protect yourself from spammers if they don't have to show they are real serious users?

If i get it, you plan to put your email service on a commercial webhotel? Is it in the near future, have they told you when it happens?
When the users sign up for an account, it's not instant they get accounts! I still have to sort through all the sign up's information. Some people are going to think it's a breeze, provide nothing, and get something for nothing (spammer maybe). The registration has to be completed properly!

Yes, second account does not need any kind of participation on the forum, unless they want too, and then I can upgrade there account. Have you ever stayed at a "commercial webhotel (is that like a Holiday Inn or a motel 6)? Sorry, I don't even know what a "commercial webhotel" is, can you please provide more information about it?

Ernie

Last edited by Ernie@ : 6 Mar 2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 7 Mar 2007, 03:51 AM   #192
King Of Email

Lebass update

After tinkering with Lebass, still listed under Google as a sponsored service, I have found that it works, but only with certain email providers. For example, Lebass does not like Everyone.net email addresses. This presents a major problem because there are a helluva lot of Everyone.net email addresses on the internet and I have many of them. Furthermore, since I have never in all the time I have been on the internet, ever received a spam email from an Everyone.net email address, I am perplexed as to why Lebass would blacklist this service and not others who are known for being friendly to spammers.

At this point if I have to choose between Lebass and literally millions of Everyone.net email addresses, I will stick to the industry leader and go with Everyone.net. Lebass should alter its acceptability quotient, instead of embracing unrealistic parameters. After all, B1G.de ain't that BIG.
Old 7 Mar 2007, 12:37 PM   #193
btn

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Quote:
Lebass does not like Everyone.net email addresses.
FYE, I was able to sign up for an account with my everyone.net address.
Old 7 Mar 2007, 03:28 PM   #194
King Of Email

Lebass and Everyone.net

btn, I wasn't referring to registering for an account with Lebass using an Everyone.net address; I was referring to Lebass not accepting email sent from an Everyone.net address. I have tried with 3 different ones, and none of them came through. Some email services do not accept mail from your company while some others reject those from Outblaze for example. Besides, Lebass doesn't require an alternative email address as a condition for registration.
Old 9 Mar 2007, 11:35 AM   #195
btn

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Quote:
btn, I wasn't referring to registering for an account with Lebass using an Everyone.net address; I was referring to Lebass not accepting email sent from an Everyone.net address.
Oh, I misunderstood. I'll have someone on our abuse team ping them... Unfortunately, some service providers can be uncooperative. Thanks for the info!
Closed Thread