EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:36 AM   #1
christnicolas

CC or BCC?

Hi everyone

Currently, I am a senior student and an intern at a pharmaceutical company. Yesterday I had a task that sent an email to an employee of the warehouse to borrow several medicines. However I didn't receive a reply, I forgot to set the CC instead of BCC as my boss required. He complained to me and I don't know the reason why. Iím sure that the email address is exactly.

Could you guys explain it for me? Thank you.
christnicolas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Sep 2021, 04:51 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Hi, welcome to EMD. I can't comprehend the situation, but I can explain what CC and BCC are/do. You might already know the meaning/usage of those two fields/things, so excuse the rehash if so. CC stands for 'Courtesy Copy' or 'Carbon Copy'. When one puts email addresses in the CC field, the email when sent is also sent to the addresses in the CC field. Every recipient will see all the addresses that were entered into the To and CC fields. Additional addresses entered into the BCC field will also receive a copy of the email, but the addresses in that field will not be shown to the receiver(s). The B in BCC stands for 'blind' or 'blank'.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2021, 04:52 AM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

A trivial answer: nobody is obliged to reply to anybody's email.Nothing to to with CC or BCC,
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2021, 04:56 AM   #4
somdcomputerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
A trivial answer: nobody is obliged to reply to anybody's email.Nothing to to with CC or BCC,
I agree. Whether one decides to reply or not to an email has nothing to do with whether the CC and/or BCC fields were filled out.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2021, 07:05 PM   #5
chrisretusn

Do I have this right?

You needed to send and email to an employee. That would have been a To: adee. I am guessing that boss wanted to be BCC'd on it.

I can understand this, the boss did not want his email address to be visible to that employee. Using CC, make his address visible.

I use BCC when I send out email notices to members to keep the privacy of the email address from the rest of the group.

Unfortunately not everyone does this. I have one group I belong to, the send out emails with CC, so all email address are visible to all recipients.

Then there is the one or two that reply to all, with something like "got it" or "thanks"

I rarely reply to emails, unless it obvious a reply is warranted or wanted. Same goes for the emails I send, unless I imply a response I don't expect a reply.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote