EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Mar 2023, 05:00 AM   #1
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Question HTML display on App

Has anyone else noticed that Amazon emails are not displaying with images since around a week ago, but are instead just plain text? Also Domino’s emails do not display images. Is this just coincidence or is something happened to the display settings? This happens on both Beta and Production.
CyberDyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Mar 2023, 11:26 AM   #2
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDyne View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon emails are not displaying with images since around a week ago, but are instead just plain text? Also Domino’s emails do not display images. Is this just coincidence or is something happened to the display settings? This happens on both Beta and Production.

Just a theory here... FM retrieves images in emails as a proxy to protect our privacy (so our browser/client doesn't fetch the images directly and reveal our IP addresses). I wonder if FM's image servers were accidentally blocked by Amazon/Dominos - false positives on anti-spam. That kind of thing.
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2023, 01:18 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow No HTML display failure noted here

I don't see any problems. Since March 11 I have received 25 emails from Amazon. Some are ads and some are notifications about actions I have taken recently. Images were in each message, and they all displayed correctly. I have my settings configured so that images are shown from senders in my Contact list, and otherwise I am asked. This is working correctly for me.

I tested this on a Windows 11 PC using the Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers. I also tested my iPad and iPhone using the DuckDuckGo, Firefox, and Safari browsers. I also tested the Fastmail app on the iPad and iPhone. All of these were the latest release browser versions and they all displayed images correctly.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2023, 01:38 PM   #4
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I don't see any problems. Since March 11 I have received 25 emails from Amazon. Some are ads and some are notifications about actions I have taken recently. Images were in each message, and they all displayed correctly. I have my settings configured so that images are shown from senders in my Contact list, and otherwise I am asked. This is working correctly for me.

I tested this on a Windows 11 PC using the Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers. I also tested my iPad and iPhone using the DuckDuckGo, Firefox, and Safari browsers. I also tested the Fastmail app on the iPad and iPhone. All of these were the latest release browser versions and they all displayed images correctly.

Bill
Many thanks Bill. I’ll look again at all my settings this weekend and see if I can pinpoint what’s happening.
Old 2 Apr 2023, 01:04 AM   #5
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Bill, thanks again for your help. After you’d confirmed everything was working as per normal at your end I looked closer at Amazon. Delving deep into their settings I found that for no apparent reason, ‘images & text’ email delivery had been changed to just ‘text’.

For reference, on the app: Profile icon / Account / Message Centre -> Communication preference -> Email preferences -> General settings.
Old 2 Apr 2023, 03:32 AM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDyne View Post
… Amazon. Delving deep into their settings I found that for no apparent reason, ‘images & text’ email delivery had been changed to just ‘text’.

For reference, on the app: Profile icon / Account / Message Centre -> Communication preference -> Email preferences -> General settings.
You are most welcome! And thanks for discovering and letting us know that you can change Amazon email preferences to text only. I’m surprised they still provide that choice.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote